Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Upper Echelon - Free to a good home, but you must pay it forward - Read Post #1 FIRST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

highphat

Aug 18, 2008
Alright...things got hectic with a broken car, then got a little crazier this week since I work in television news. Let's play a little catch up.
[MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1945]Resident Bay Fan[/MENTION]- Thank you for the cards

My stats after adding these two:

Items claimed: 4
Items posted: 4
Posted items claimed: 1

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Alright...things got hectic with a broken car, then got a little crazier this week since I work in television news. Let's play a little catch up.
[MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1945]Resident Bay Fan[/MENTION]- Thank you for the cards

My stats after adding these two:

Items claimed: 4
Items posted: 4
Posted items claimed: 1

I'd love to claim the Matt Williams will look great with my will the Thrill auto

Waulk11

Aug 20, 2010
Los Angeles CA
I claimed two cards and I sent out two as well. I'll take down the Tejada plate, Brooks Robinson auto and Gwynn jersey.
I'm still probably low on value so I'd like to offer this to square up....

Hope some one can use it!
Hi, I would like to claim this card if its still available. I will offer this 2006 Ultimate 3 color patch of Zimmerman.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Upper Echelon --- Free To A Good Home --- Read Post 1 Before You Participate

Finally a card I would love to add, [MENTION=4259]CatdaddysCards[/MENTION] . This would mark my first claim, but I have already posted an item/had it claimed earlier in the thread so I would be all squared away. Will begin to look for my next item to add as well, let me know if I can claim this triple patch. Thank you!

PM your info bud!

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

markotsay7

Feb 18, 2011

Sorry guys. It's been like two months since I was in this thread and didn't remember that it was only baseball. I've got mostly football at the moment, but I'll offer this up. ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1366201033.089595.jpg

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
HELLO!!!! I'll take it!

My stats -2
I claimed: 5
I sent out: 3

I would like to add that I did not receive one of the items I claimed. I'll take it up with the sender and go from there. I don't think it should count if you don't get it, so I think Gary and I may be less one card owed each, unless we can resolve.

Add this also

View attachment 15928

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Wow. Lots of activity and discussion in here since yesterday. Just my thoughts:

Football cards: I don't get it - people talk in here like they are hell bent on having football cards too, but the football thread remains dead? Just put the football stuff in the football thread. It's pretty easy.

FCB Involvement: We don't need moderators and site owners to participate to make the thread a good one. People who read the boards are aware this thread exists, even if they don't participate. If you'd like to try and grow participation in the thread as a community, then we can do that together. If mods and owners want to participate, they will. They may just not have any interest in a thread like this and that is fine. They are heavily involved in many other areas of the boards. One of the things several of us did with the low end free thread was to have a contest to increase involvement. We could do that for this thread too, but I think the prizes would have to match the level of the thread. If people want to try something like this, just let me know. I'd be happy to arrange it.

New Thread: I personally fail to see what we accomplish by starting a new thread. Everything we need to know is already in here and we can just continue to add to this one. A new thread to me doesn't me we are starting clean. It just means everything we have done to this point is missing and I gotta go find it in another thread if I want to refer back to it for some reason. A second thread for the same exact topic just adds more clutter to the boards in my opinion, but feel free to convince me otherwise!

Catching up: It has been helpful to see the list of who owes what and people taking responsibility for this. Thank you all for doing so and thank you to Mac for bringing the issue up.

Unclaimed Offerings: No one should feel slighted or that their cards aren't worth while offerings. Everything offered has been very nice. For whatever reason, some of them simply didn't find a new home or a collector that felt they were a good fit with their collection. The term stale was used to simply refer to the fact that despite several pimping opportunities for stuff, it didn't go, for whatever reason. Some people may be looking for very specific items from this thread and waiting it out. I know Mac is probably one of them, as he has passed on many nice cards, hoping to use his two claimed items to really get something that will fit into his collection.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
As an FYI and my personal take on this

I'm more than happy to contribute - to continue contributing to the thread, but it appears as though very little is being offered within my relatively narrow personal collecting needs (specific Phillies cards). I put up two cards w/ $25-30 SV (as well as a few blasters) and after waiting a month+ finally grabbed something worth half of what I sent out -- not that I needed the card (it went to my son - I had multiple copies of it), but because nothing had come up that I was the least bit interested in (except for one card that was grabbed within minutes of its offering) and I didn't feel it was appropriate to grab something, put it on ebay, then buy what I truly wanted w/ the proceeds.

So, I have other cards to put up, and I probably will put them up, but I realize that I'm likely giving cards away with little chance of "trading even". I'm okay with this.

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY

I wish some of you guys that are looking to add football stuff to this thread would jump in and add it to the thread in the football forum. I think the mini helmet I gave away was the only item that went anywhere in that thread.

So bring your football stuff over there already and lets try to get that thread going.

These type of threads are awesome and as soon as I see something I collect pop up in here ill jump In this one too.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008

I'm at +1, haven't been on the board much lately. Just waiting for something Cardinals related to pounce on. Going to add a couple Cubs; definitely don't belong in my collection, will post scans tonight.

2012 Tier One Anthony Rizzo Auto
2012 Gupsy Queen Starlin Castro Auto

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012

I'm at +1, haven't been on the board much lately. Just waiting for something Cardinals related to pounce on. Going to add a couple Cubs; definitely don't belong in my collection, will post scans tonight.

2012 Tier One Anthony Rizzo Auto
2012 Gupsy Queen Starlin Castro Auto

Damn I just got even. I'd like the Rizzo please

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
Sorry guys. It's been like two months since I was in this thread and didn't remember that it was only baseball. I've got mostly football at the moment, but I'll offer this up. View attachment 15936

I could use the Robinson Leaf for my Robinson pc.

I can offer this:

brooks-robinson-ss-leather-2007-18-75.jpg

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS

HELLO!!!! I'll take it!

My stats -2
I claimed: 5
I sent out: 3

I would like to add that I did not receive one of the items I claimed. I'll take it up with the sender and go from there. I don't think it should count if you don't get it, so I think Gary and I may be less one card owed each, unless we can resolve.

Send your info over Bill. I'll get it out this week.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS

I have no idea what my stats are. I'm never on the PC and the spreadsheet is a PITA on my phone. It opens, just hard to navigate. I should probably write it down lol. If anyone cares to PM me that info, I will try to keep track of it better. If not, I'll just keep it close.

spikes

Jan 2, 2009
Re: Upper Echelon --- Free To A Good Home --- Read Post 1 Before You Participate

Ok guys; let me know if these ones will work.

1366208528301.jpg Pee Wee Reese is /99
1366208551497.jpgGold Embossed
1366208570141.jpg 2007 NNO on back SP to /50
1366208582700.jpg 2001 Best Gold
1366208602013.jpg
Young is /10

I think this device used to be called a phone; don't know anymore!

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal

I wish some of you guys that are looking to add football stuff to this thread would jump in and add it to the thread in the football forum. I think the mini helmet I gave away was the only item that went anywhere in that thread.

So bring your football stuff over there already and lets try to get that thread going.

These type of threads are awesome and as soon as I see something I collect pop up in here ill jump In this one too.

The 2 Curtis Martin autos I put up were also claimed but other than that I think maybe only 1 other card was claimed. I'll be adding some stuff after I get some football through a trade. & thanks again for the Otto mini helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online