Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

whats going on with the shipping prices?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
At least its Taiwan, some sellers ask for 4 bucks then send pwe

Those people receive neutral feedback and/or 1 star for the shipping cost category.
Hmmm...I wonder if you can file a claim with ebay and receive a partial refund for unreasonable shipping costs. That would help curb these shipping cost gougers.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Those people receive neutral feedback and/or 1 star for the shipping cost category.
Hmmm...I wonder if you can file a claim with ebay and receive a partial refund for unreasonable shipping costs. That would help curb these shipping cost gougers.
I had a seller charge me 4.50 for 3 cards, I get them PWE and message him and much to my surprise, he admitted it was to help from losing money when auctions ended too low. Annoying but I gave him credit for at least being honest and moved on.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
The one thing I don’t agree with is why eBay takes 10% plus PayPal fees on shipping costs. If someone charges $3.50 then they are already losing money on shipping an item out. They are .45 in the negative if they use the post office and don’t print PayPal labels out. This can really add up.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
The one thing I don’t agree with is why eBay takes 10% plus PayPal fees on shipping costs. If someone charges $3.50 then they are already losing money on shipping an item out. They are .45 in the negative if they use the post office and don’t print PayPal labels out. This can really add up.

eBay did this to stop people from charging $1 for a $100 item while adding $99 for shipping (as an example) to get around paying 10% on higher FVFs. Sucks but thats why it happened.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
eBay did this to stop people from charging $1 for a $100 item while adding $99 for shipping (as an example) to get around paying 10% on higher FVFs. Sucks but thats why it happened.

And they believe that offering free shipping will increase sales which would be more profitable for them. So they say...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Sent from my SM-G930V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Scartchy18

May 21, 2013
What I tend to do is, if I find a card on eBay, I go to ComC and see if they have it as their shipping is almost always lower. Never had an issue with ComC so far, eBay just shipping prices. Shipping to where I live is almost always $12 or more unless the seller is willing to be fair. Doesn't always happen.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
If someone charges $3.50 then they are already losing money on shipping an item out. They are .45 in the negative if they use the post office and don’t print PayPal labels out. This can really add up.

Kind of hard to pull out the violin and play a sad song for those who sell trading cards and haven't figured by the threads in all the various forums the best ways to package and the best ways to pay less in postage to ship something that you don't have to lose money charging $3.50 shipping (hint: it isn't by wasting your time and gas going to a USPS retail counter).

Jul 22, 2016
I never really complain about shipping charges because if I don’t care for the charge I don’t buy it. Simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online