Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BAUER an Indian

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Ok so the Dbacks didnt care for Bauer. Whoever scouted him or whatever dback rep who was responsible for drafting him should be sent packing on this one.

Yeah. Especially considering they passed on Bundy, Rendon and Lindor.

jake9494

Jun 8, 2009
Anybody ever consider that the Diamondbacks new something others didn't?

Kids going to get injured sooner than later.

Granted he should have yielded a better deal.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Who needs a chemistry killer like that ****** ticket Bauer? I agree with the poster that stated Towers is a way better GM than Byrnes.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Anybody ever consider that the Diamondbacks new something others didn't?

Kids going to get injured sooner than later.

Granted he should have yielded a better deal.

Kind of hilarious that you say he will get hurt and have Lincecum in your sig.....

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I hope he makes another hip hop video so we hear his side.

Eh, screw it, just get to twitter trevor & blame obama for the trade.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I'm not too surprised the D-Backs traded Bauer, but I do think he could have netted them a much better haul based on his potential. Cleveland does very well with this trade.

For your sake, Arizona...I hope Lars Anderson finally lives up to his former potential. (Doubtful, but he has had success in the minors and is still young)

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
Well, according to Arizona GM Kevin Towers, Gregorius reminds him "of a young Derek Jeter."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/12/shin-soo-choo-trade-reds-indians-dbacks_n_2281757.html?utm_hp_ref=sports

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
For your sake, Arizona...I hope Lars Anderson finally lives up to his former potential. (Doubtful, but he has had success in the minors and is still young)

Where's Anderson going to fit in?

1B - Goldschmidt
3B- Chris Johnson, Matt Davidson

OF is jammed already, so dont expect him there.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
It seems like there has been a shift in most pro teams recently of not putting up with guys who are hassles. If it was known by everyone here that Arizona was having issues with him, all the other GMs knew as well.

It could be like the Titus Young situation for the Lions (different sport I know), where no one's going to give much for him now that everyone knows he purposely lined up in the wrong place more than once to screw up his own team.

nicktv08

Apr 22, 2012
Columbus, OH
Seems like everyone on here is quick to play the blame game.

Everyone wants to quickly blame Bauer and say that he is uncoachable and doesn't respect what others tell him and that he's a hot headed kid.

But that's exactly what he is right? A kid. He's obviously not reached a baseball maturity level when compared to other players the same age, but is that necessarily his fault?

It could be that the Diamondbacka just don't know how to handle young talent. Weren't there problems with Justin Upton too? Didn't he have behavioral issues and clubhouse problems?

Idk everyone just always seems to want to look at one side of the picture. Maybe the Dbacks don't know how to handle him, so instead of trying to solve the problem he is having with the team, they just pawned him off on another.

I feel like Francona is a no nonsense kind of guy. If Bauer truly does have attitude problems then I'm sure they will be addressed.

I think it was a great trade for all teams. The Indians got some pitching that they desperately need and a right handed outfield bat, the Reds got a lead off man that they needed in Choo and the Dbacks, even though everyone feels like they were short sided in this deal got a short stop that could be good. Prospects are exactly that, prospects. No one really knows if Bauer will be the pitcher everyone thought and no one knows if Didi could be the next great short stop in the game. Only time will tell.

Members online