Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Super Serious Thread: What do you not like about FCB?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I think that the people in this thread complaining about other posters aren't on any other sites, cause FCB is EASILY the tamest trading card message board on the net, other than the over-moderated ones like BMB and SCF, which are incidentally the most boring trading card message boards on the net.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
As a matter of fact since it's almost a surety that nothing will be done about it, consider this my last post on this site (not that ya'll will miss me much but just know you'll have one less person)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD MAXX

bye...

Honestly man, what he said wasn't inflammatory at all. If you have a problem with discussion then you don't need to be on a discussion board.

TheTGB

Apr 27, 2011
PAC NW
I've talked with several people that just lurk the boards. They say they enjoy the site but don't participate because of all the bickering and constant slamming that occurs. Do something about the repeat "offenders" and maybe the traffic will improve

This.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
I just wish I could access the Itrader stuff to leave feedback on the iPhone app. I only visit the site on my phone, and routinely forget to leave feedback because I don't have the option.

2000Doubles

Oct 29, 2012
Illinois
Are you high?

That statement is inaccurate.

Silly question, but are the numbers comparable here to theirs:

In February 2013 there were 990 completed trades, with an average of 35 trades completed successfully every day.
In January 2013 there were 4508 completed trades, with an average of 145 trades completed successfully every day.
In December 2012 there were 3307 completed trades, with an average of 107 trades completed successfully every day.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008

In February 2013 there were 990 completed trades, with an average of 35 trades completed successfully every day.
In January 2013 there were 4508 completed trades, with an average of 145 trades completed successfully every day.
In December 2012 there were 3307 completed trades, with an average of 107 trades completed successfully every day.

I do not know the actual numbers as I dont know theirs. This is all my perception.

Mind you I am talking conversation not transactions.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle

BAM!!! :eek: I think I saw a trade on here once....I'd have to check the annals...

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
A lot of people talk about the negativity on the boards as a turn-off, and Gilmore holds fast to the idea that "he is not a baby-sitter...to borrow a quote from Macbeth, "When shall we three meet again. In thunder, lightning, or rain?"

**edit to add my opinion to the OP prompt: I am not a big fan of the negativity shown over and over by the same people. The "block post" feature is great, but I still see, "this post is blocked because he is on your blocked list", and it still reminds me how much I dislike those guys!

Last edited:
As far as the negativity.. Look at the pickup posts. Those threads are full of compliments and positive remarks. This board shares knowledge and has lots to share! Because people don't see eye to eye doesn't mean this place is bad.. It is what you perceive it to be.

To me it's a place where I have fostered many friendships and learned things I wouldnt know otherwise. The negativity is in the backseat.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Splitting or combining the topics is a bad idea IMO.

Every other board is so split up it's crazy. This is the best board out there and like others have noted, the trouble is at a minimum here.

The software change was bad. Almost no one likes it and I'd imagine it keeps older collectors away but it is what it is.

Good balance, good convo, clean site, generally safe to b/s/t, just need to get the posts back up to where they were.

dp33

Jun 2, 2009
My main gripes are

4) TBP has 31,270 posts and i'd say 75% of em are one worded like "NIIIIIICCCCEEEE". The last one I read of his: "*****!!!" (In this thread.) I have no personal beef with him but most of his posts I read dont contribute much of anything. Lack of quality content is what im trying to say here. Not just from him but others, myself included, as well. I could do more to try and help and so could others.

BURN HIM!!!

Honestly, those posts crack me up. TBP at times is a master of saying a lot by talking (typing) a little, and that's enjoyable on this message board sometimes.

Anyway, I personally don't like the cliquish nature of the board. I think that's what discourages traffic. But there's a history from BMB and wherever else that I just wasn't privy to, so you deal with it. If I wanted lollipops and warm hugs (well, not the kind that gvsu96 was trying to give the other night) all of the time, I would have stayed at The Bench. Nice for trading, but horribly boring for passing the time at work.

I also hope more attention is given to Clint's posts.

"Showcasing the community's members and collections is a good way to build some personal equity in my opinion."

This has to be about the most intelligent thing said on this board in my time at least. You don't think Andrew has some personal equity built up because of the relationship between AIC and FCB? Deservedly so, I might add, and look what he has brought to the community. That is what is going to bring people here - knowing that this is the place with the best group breaks or the most knowledge about 90s inserts or whatever. There's more positives on this board than negatives, in my opinion.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Positives?

Just look at how many members have HIV.

Errrr......

I mean look at the Morning Thread every morning. Great people doing great things for others for no reason at all.

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
Are you high?

That statement is inaccurate.

Maybe not 4, but I bet it's at least two times. Doesn't matter anyways when it's the same people posting over and over again.

Looks like SCF is growing their daily traffic rate. Not sure how, that site blows with all the Adsense ads everywhere.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-09 at 8.50.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-09 at 8.50.41 AM.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 74
  • Screen Shot 2013-02-09 at 8.50.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-09 at 8.50.33 AM.png
    46 KB · Views: 70

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Mobile app signatures which read like "Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app".

Sorry but we are posting on a message board, not sending emails. IMO it looks strange and no one uses it for putting their name or contact details, etc. It also doesn't have a different font or look, so sometimes you just get confused if its the mobile sig or more of their post.

I've thought about just having mine be "Let me know if you have Albert Belle cards for sale or trade" but figure people would be like WTF haha

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Maybe not 4, but I bet it's at least two times. Doesn't matter anyways when it's the same people posting over and over again.

Looks like SCF is growing their daily traffic rate. Not sure how, that site blows with all the Adsense ads everywhere.

I know ive used them before, but alexa ratings are easier to manipulate than mormon chicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts