Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Andruw Jones arrested

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Take some midol and lighten up.

People have thicker skin than you and have different senses of humor. Live with it.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

I don't have to live with anything? If I don't agree with your sense of humor regarding a situation like this, I have every right to express my displeasure. So as you said, if you don't like my opinion on your stupidity, take some midol, lighten up, and live with it!

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I don't have to live with anything? If I don't agree with your sense of humor regarding a situation like this, I have every right to express my displeasure. So as you said, if you don't like my opinion on your stupidity, take some midol, lighten up, and live with it!

His comment was due to your reaction. People suck so I'm selling my collection sounds kinda crazy and unrelated. No way to get from point b to point a.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
His comment was due to your reaction. People suck so I'm selling my collection sounds kinda crazy and unrelated. No way to get from point b to point a.
I don't think it sounds crazy...I would seriously be thinking the same thing. Andruw jones, Bobby Cox, OJ, Rae Carruth, even Mark Grace... Not anyone I would like to keep dumping money into and collect... Hopefully I will never have to make that decision. As much as I love Kobe, Tiger Woods, Ben Roethlisberger as athletes, I would not put a lot of $$ into "collecting" them. Obviously it's different degrees of negativity between Kobe to Andruw and Cox to Grace to Carruth... Still all negative in my book and I could not have a Shrine (or binder, or box) dedicated to any of them in my house. Too bad in these cases that it would be so hard to get a good $% back after bad news drops...

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008

Not that I owe anyone an explanation, but I highly doubt a person who grew up in a household where this kind of behavior went on would collect cards of a person who may guilty of this.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Every one makes bad decisions. Especially, when alcohol is involved. I wouldn't rush to judgment on anybody based on a police report. Supposed victims often lie or overreact and reports can be very one sided.

I collect the players for what they did on the field, not off of it.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I'm usually the one saying that people need to lighten up and people trying to make funny smarta** comments is part of the board but I can feel the frustration of AndrewHRJones I'm sure some people get emotionally invested into a player collection and if he witnessed spousal abuse growing up and his favorite player is now "accused" of it, that would also rub me very, very wrong. It seems like he was guilty, he was very drunk and she's now filed for divorce so it seems like it's pretty real especially from other articles I've read, not like the baseless accusation against Kobe. I like most everyone on this board but another day in the football forum someone brought up ****** in a conversation about Mark Sanchez, Rex, and Tannenbaum. Having had 4 of my grandma's siblings in the Holocaust and talking to one of them a few years ago that definitely provoked some anger from me and if someone grew up in a house where there was prevalent spousal abuse I think we all need to respect that even though I'm all for funny idiotic comments almost always

Apr 23, 2012
New Orleans
I also think joking about this situation is messed up.

I understand having a dry, sarcastic sense of humor and joking about bad situations.

But some topics are just off limits. You wouldn't joke about child abuse, why joke about domestic abuse?

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
This coming from the same guy who got all bent out of shape when someone made a comment/joke about Caminiti and steroids.

Or when presented with facts that make a case that Tim Raines was a comparable player to Tony Gwynn. So if I'm following the logic here: people should have thick skin so we can make jokes about abuse where real people have their lives ruined and people should have thin skins when presented with factual information supporting a reasonable opinion about one of their favorite baseball players that they may or may not have have the capacity to separate themselves from in order to have a rationale conversation. And the second scenario allows one to make ad hominem attacks towards the person making the opposing argument while making no cogent points of his own. Oh, oh - and people can have different senses of humor (live with it!) but not come to any different fact based conclusions on who should be in the HOF (those are just laughable and ignorant). Got it. I learn so much on the internet.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Every one makes bad decisions. Especially, when alcohol is involved. I wouldn't rush to judgment on anybody based on a police report. Supposed victims often lie or overreact and reports can be very one sided.

I collect the players for what they did on the field, not off of it.

If you can't keep from dragging a woman down/up the stairs by her hair when you've been drinking, then you shouldn't be drinking. Alcohol is no excuse for that type of behavior.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I would like an opinion from an expert. Does anyone know how to get in touch with NYCbeatshiswife?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Or when presented with facts that make a case that Tim Raines was a comparable player to Tony Gwynn. So if I'm following the logic here: people should have thick skin so we can make jokes about abuse where real people have their lives ruined and people should have thin skins when presented with factual information supporting a reasonable opinion about one of their favorite baseball players that they may or may not have have the capacity to separate themselves from in order to have a rationale conversation. And the second scenario allows one to make ad hominem attacks towards the person making the opposing argument while making no cogent points of his own. Oh, oh - and people can have different senses of humor (live with it!) but not come to any different fact based conclusions on who should be in the HOF (those are just laughable and ignorant). Got it. I learn so much on the internet.

But the Gwynn vs Raines thing is so ridiculous that you can't use it in any argument without sounding like you are trying too hard. Laughable and ignorant is the only outcome. Unless you are trying to be a devil's advocate, which is cool, I guess...

Members online