Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1993 Stadium Club Gold Edge?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmb71vw

Feb 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
I am a player collector and someone is posting a 1993 Stadium Gold Edge card on ebay. I was wondering if these are real or has no one ever heard of these?

dmb71vw

Feb 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Thank you. I should have searched first because everyone is usually on the ball on FCB. That same seller that was being discussed also has 1995 Stadium Club white border cards. I tried doing a search for that but didn't see anything. It seemed everyone was on the fence about the 1993 SC. Should I take a shot with this seller on the cards for my fairly cheap player collection?

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Thank you. I should have searched first because everyone is usually on the ball on FCB. That same seller that was being discussed also has 1995 Stadium Club white border cards. I tried doing a search for that but didn't see anything. It seemed everyone was on the fence about the 1993 SC. Should I take a shot with this seller on the cards for my fairly cheap player collection?
definitely! what could it possibly hurt?? you will be happy once you have them in hand!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

Seller is easy to deal with and I took a shot at the Belles. Good luck!

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

dmb71vw

Feb 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Mans, what are your thoughts on the Belles you got. Are they worth picking up and are you glad you adding them to your Belle collection? Was there a Belle in the 95 SC 1st day white border? If so what were your thoughts on it?

Last edited:

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
The seller basically only deals with proof/prototypes and bankruptcy cards from all of the major brands. I personally don't bother to buy any of these oversized uncut "proof" cards.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Mans, what are your thoughts on the Belles you got. Are they worth picking up and are you glad you adding them to your Belle collection? Was there a Belle in the 95 SC 1st day white border? If so what were your thoughts on it?

For the right price, I'd pick up. Not sure what player you're watching but at the right price it's a good buy.

I personally am not a fan of proofs and these types of things but for some reason I believe these are legit and got at a fair price, so I took it.

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
This stuff is so bogus it smells. I'm surprised so many educated FCBers bought into this scam. One born every minute I guess.

dolphinscards2000

Jun 28, 2013
1993 stadium club gold border

hi i just got the brunansky from this set the edges gold feel like actionpacked my didnt flake or anything

dmb71vw

Feb 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
I have my 2 Stan Belinda cards coming in the mail from him. Not sure what they really are but for what I paid I guess it can't hurt to much to add them to the PC.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
The seller basically only deals with proof/prototypes and bankruptcy cards from all of the major brands. I personally don't bother to buy any of these oversized uncut "proof" cards.

I'm also very concerned about 'aftermarket' cards cut from sheets. Historically cards in our hobby that have been altered are basically very BAD, and with reason.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
This stuff is so bogus it smells. I'm surprised so many educated FCBers bought into this scam. One born every minute I guess.
Sorry, but this makes ZERO sense. Bogus? How? I did not buy these thinking they are pack issued. I did not buy these thinking anything except for what they are. Please explain how this is "so bogus, it smells"...::facepalm::

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I got the '94 Stadium Club "white border proof" card yesterday. Seems pretty legit to me. Anything 'leximo' comes up with, I'm more than willing to take a flyer on.

regular + 'proof'
2evq8mw.jpg
k1dmb9.jpg

regular + 'proof'
rmvfo4.jpg
2jf0h7l.jpg

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Sorry, but this makes ZERO sense. Bogus? How? I did not buy these thinking they are pack issued. I did not buy these thinking anything except for what they are. Please explain how this is "so bogus, it smells"...::facepalm::
I just say this because Topps had absolutely nothing to do with the gold edges that you're buying them because of. The seller obviously has a tie to the printer of the cards. The white border proofs are obviously cut from a sheet. These cards were printed larger than normal cards & crop-cut, because at the time they didn't have the technology to cut borderless cards from a traditional sheet where the cards were the correct size without typical o/c cuts. By crop-cutting all the cards, they avoided what would be parts of the adjacent cards showing up. It's clear on the Brett Butler scans. So this seller calls them rare, or proofs, or whatever. I promise you that Topps will never tell you that they were authorized, because they weren't.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
I just say this because Topps had absolutely nothing to do with the gold edges that you're buying them because of. The seller obviously has a tie to the printer of the cards. The white border proofs are obviously cut from a sheet. These cards were printed larger than normal cards & crop-cut, because at the time they didn't have the technology to cut borderless cards from a traditional sheet where the cards were the correct size without typical o/c cuts. By crop-cutting all the cards, they avoided what would be parts of the adjacent cards showing up. It's clear on the Brett Butler scans. So this seller calls them rare, or proofs, or whatever. I promise you that Topps will never tell you that they were authorized, because they weren't.

The seller is legit and does sell "proof" cards that are cut from sheets. He also sells cards that are legit test or proofs. I have bought many from the seller over the years including recently some 91 Stadium Club with rainbow foil and purple foil. How do you know that Topps had nothing to do with the gold edges?

Jan 14, 2009
The white border proofs are obviously cut from a sheet. These cards were printed larger than normal cards & crop-cut, because at the time they didn't have the technology to cut borderless cards from a traditional sheet where the cards were the correct size without typical o/c cuts. By crop-cutting all the cards, they avoided what would be parts of the adjacent cards showing up. It's clear on the Brett Butler scans.

Really? I don't agree with this at all. I have seen plenty of uncut, borderless sheets from 1991-on and none of them have white area/bordering surrounding them. I've actualy never seen a bordered, oversized uncut sheet of a product from the early 90s that features a borderless design. Now, I don't belive these are fakes, I do believe they were produced, legitimately, for ambiguous reasons and were eventually cut up then eventually obtained by this seller. The oddest part is the question: why would Topps produce slightly larger versions of it's intended product, for each palyer, in each set, for x number of years, on sheets substantially larger than they typically produce?

Members online