Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

what is the untouchable part of your collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Terrific items, everyone.

I once thought this was untouchable, but foolishly parted with it last year. Perhaps the current owner will consider an offer?

51731_mantle_williams.jpg

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The "Murray Strip" was my White Whale since about 1988. The story that the shop owner told was; he was given the three card strip as an old school "promo." I guess that these were cut like this so they could not be easily resold. In the 80s we talked about the card being cut from the strip since centered examples are hard to find. Today only 500 PSA9s and 11 PSA10 exist (the last 10 sold for just over $10K.)
Those panels actually came from Dynamite Magazine, a kids magazine. Topps printed them as a centerfold specially for the magazine. Thousands of extra panels that didn't make the magazine printings were given out to dealers and used in other promotions.

Here's several for sale on Amazon, many with the same printing marks on the borders.

http://www.amazon.com/Topps-Baseball-3-Card-Dynamite-Magazine/dp/B00N365I00

http://www.amazon.com/Lot-Baseball-3-Card-Dynamite-McCovey/dp/B00LV2PGJQ

http://www.amazon.com/Different-Dynamite-6-Card-Panel-Sheets/dp/B00LV300H8

Last edited:
I consider anything in my Thomas collection permanent, the few times I've gotten rid of Thomas items I had only one of, it was in trade for Thomas items that went to furthering my collection. That said, I've turned down crazy numbers for the following cards, and would probably turn down extra crazy numbers too. I think these three cards really define who I am as a collector.

660256_9028448a2d0b8b3a9da7c0d442350566.jpg

660256_c0f3ee5f39737ba9f54bfb8b21061cae.jpg
660256_466f99f3bdd17841b723fe155ea3b938.jpg

660256_b6560e19a6b6f5a2984ca9719600f801.jpg

While there are countless other cards and pieces of memorabilia that would require insane figures to part with, these three really make me smile.

So you are saying the Biggio Blackless isnt untouchable ;)

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Haha, I'd group all the blackless together really, I was focusing on the Thomas collection for the purpose of this exercise. Honestly, I'd probably sell the Thomas before the Biggio simply because I can replace the Thomas, can't replace the Biggio!

Haha, I'd group all the blackless together really, I was focusing on the Thomas collection for the purpose of this exercise. Honestly, I'd probably sell the Thomas before the Biggio simply because I can replace the Thomas, can't replace the Biggio!

Wasnt the answer I was hoping for lol

BTW-My Biggio...Brooks...PC and 1983-1984 Topps football set is untouchable :)

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Those panels actually came from Dynamite Magazine, a kids magazine. Topps printed them as a centerfold specially for the magazine. Thousands of extra panels that didn't make the magazine printings were given out to dealers and used in other promotions
Thanks for the info

Mark70Z

Mar 26, 2011
Personally I really don't want to sell anything from my PC. Possibly maybe trade a few things to keep things interesting and/or help a friend establish their collections. Really though if it came down to it's just a bunch of things and I do really like/enjoy them, but would sell if something I LOVE had a need.

Members online

Latest posts