Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Should Topps Bunt Replace Topps Opening Day?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Hi All!

I'm really liking the 2016 Topps Bunt physical card release. The cards look great plus their price point is right on with Topps Opening Day. There are auto's, decent inserts plus numbered/colored parallels too.

I really think Bunt should replace Opening Day as the low end/budget card for youngsters/collectors.

15-JOHNNY-BENCH-2016-Topps-Bunt-Physical-15-CARD.jpg

What do you think?

Fordman

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
id say no. mainly because I don't know much about bunt other than I tried to join up but you have to do it through your phone and I don't want to do that. But opening day does have auto and GU too...I got a pack of bunt but the cards felt so cheap and thin...

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I like them, but why cant Topps have two cheap sets for kids? Maybe that's why they are trying to make up for it with $900 packs of The Mint

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I've never purchased Opening Day or done the Topps Bunt thing so it wouldn't matter to me one way or the other but personally I don't care for the design shown in the OP. Reminds me too much of the random insert sets issued in the Topps series during the '09-'11 years which I generally just tossed after the sets I put together no longer could sell on E-Bay for a few bucks.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
First I heard of Topps Bunt as physical cards. Gwynn has a ton of Bunt cards on Ebay that I just skip over. Is there a place to go to check which ones are physical? Or is it just starting? Thanks for the info, guys!

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
Although I think Opening Day could use a bit of an overhaul, I think two low-end sets is a good thing.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
First I heard of Topps Bunt as physical cards. Gwynn has a ton of Bunt cards on Ebay that I just skip over. Is there a place to go to check which ones are physical? Or is it just starting? Thanks for the info, guys!

They actually had physical Bunt cards in 2015 Topps and 2015 Topps Update. 50 cards, serial #ed /25. I don't believe Gwynn had a card in this.

Last edited:

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Nah. Keep both. Opening Day to get the kids excited at season start and Bunt to promote the app later on. I don't see the problem with two low end releases in the year.

Members online