Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Error and Variation Discussion/Reference Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Are the Yankees playing the Yankess on the 1995 SP with Mattingly?

Ryan

I thought it was a White Sox player and if I'm right at the time that would be Ozzie Guillen. Mattingly is in his away jersey and Comisky is 347 feet to right field. Ya think I'm right?

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Front

p6856g4h.jpeg

Back

tkvnkvsy.jpeg

Front

ii26e3yq.jpeg

Back

45zux6z5.jpeg

Jan 14, 2009
Now that this has become the wrong back / print waste / foil flaw thread (all stuff I appreciate), maybe its time for a new error & variation thread?

Like this thread began (a cut and paste of the work compiled by myself and Onionring9 on the BMB boards), it would be nice to see an ongoing information source for errors and variations on this board.

Thoughts/ideas on starting a new thread...is this one even salvageable?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Now that this has become the wrong back / print waste / foil flaw thread (all stuff I appreciate), maybe its time for a new error & variation thread?

Like this thread began (a cut and paste of the work compiled by myself and Onionring9 on the BMB boards), it would be nice to see an ongoing information source for errors and variations on this board.

Can't see what the problem is with having the misprints in this thread too. I understand the thought of the thread, but don't have a problem with adding more to it.

Ryan

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Thanks to Gonzalez collectors I found some more minutiae last night that may or may not qualify as a variation. You can find 1992 Donruss with silver lettering or dark gray lettering, see here:
http://juangone.com/collection.php
In the right light the difference is pretty clear between the two, but there are cards with in-between shades so I'm guessing it's a printing variation rather than an intentional printing change. But I was able to flip through my duplicates and pick out all the variations gray/silver and INC/INC. so of course I'm counting them :)

allsandberg

Jan 16, 2016
Can't see what the problem is with having the misprints in this thread too. I understand the thought of the thread, but don't have a problem with adding more to it.

Ryan
I agree. Put them all on this thread. I love error cards, proofs, etc. Might open up this site a bit. Has gone stagnant.
Keith

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
Thanks to Gonzalez collectors I found some more minutiae last night that may or may not qualify as a variation. You can find 1992 Donruss with silver lettering or dark gray lettering, see here:
http://juangone.com/collection.php
In the right light the difference is pretty clear between the two, but there are cards with in-between shades so I'm guessing it's a printing variation rather than an intentional printing change. But I was able to flip through my duplicates and pick out all the variations gray/silver and INC/INC. so of course I'm counting them :)

I wonder if the variations exist for the 1992 Donruss McDonald's or the 1992 Donruss Cracker Jack?

Scan inconsistencies, or variations?

1992 Donruss McDonald's MVP Series #5 - Nolan Ryan
Courtesy of COMC.com

1992 Donruss McDonald's MVP Series #5 - Nolan Ryan
Courtesy of COMC.com

Last edited:

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013

I understand where your coming from but nothing's been moving here except what I've been posting. If it's here or a new thread let me know because I'm not done.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
So, I found something today that might make some 70's collectors cry. I picked up a ton of 1976-77 MSA discs, Orbakers and Big T and Pepsi and Detroit Caesars, you know the stuff. There were a few Carousel discs, which all seem to have the store location rubber-stamped on the back. The two Don Suttons I got had two different store stamps; one was the Fayette Mall store #428 , the other was Bashford Manor Mall #427 . The third Carousel disc was a Fred Lynn, store #428 with a different font on the stamp (I'll try to get a scan at some point). So how many different back variations exist on these? Is this common knowledge, or does anyone care?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
So, I found something today that might make some 70's collectors cry. I picked up a ton of 1976-77 MSA discs, Orbakers and Big T and Pepsi and Detroit Caesars, you know the stuff. There were a few Carousel discs, which all seem to have the store location rubber-stamped on the back. The two Don Suttons I got had two different store stamps; one was the Fayette Mall store #428 , the other was Bashford Manor Mall #427 . The third Carousel disc was a Fred Lynn, store #428 with a different font on the stamp (I'll try to get a scan at some point). So how many different back variations exist on these? Is this common knowledge, or does anyone care?
Im not a 70s guy but always like to find out the info on these types of things.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts