Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What City Surprisingly DOESNT have an MLB Team?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marhjan

Aug 2, 2010
It will take awhile but... if baseball is still a thing in 30-40 years, Boise, Idaho will get a team. That area is growing fast

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
It will take awhile but... if baseball is still a thing in 30-40 years, Boise, Idaho will get a team. That area is growing fast

For the same reason, I was thinking a team located between Omaha and Lincoln, Nebraska.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
For the same reason, I was thinking a team located between Omaha and Lincoln, Nebraska.

I think that would be a tough area. There is a huge royals following there. I don't know how easily it would be for so many people to just drop their favorite team for a new team

bradical

Jun 21, 2009

While our metro may have 1MM+ with Omaha, CB and Lincoln - the passion for (non-college) baseball around here is pretty minimal with the Royals only 2 hours South. The city built a beautiful new stadium downtown for the PCL Omaha Storm Chasers (formerly Omaha Royals), Creighton Blue Jays and the College World Series that seats 25k+. Instead, the Storm Chasers opted to build a stadium the next county over because they needed a smaller venue. They have trouble filling that new 9k seat stadium each home game, and they are back-to-back PCL champs.

In all honesty, I think the next cities to get a professional team would be Montreal, QC or San Juan, PR.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I think that would be a tough area. There is a huge royals following there. I don't know how easily it would be for so many people to just drop their favorite team for a new team

While our metro may have 1MM+ with Omaha, CB and Lincoln - the passion for (non-college) baseball around here is pretty minimal with the Royals only 2 hours South. The city built a beautiful new stadium downtown for the PCL Omaha Storm Chasers (formerly Omaha Royals), Creighton Blue Jays and the College World Series that seats 25k+. Instead, the Storm Chasers opted to build a stadium the next county over because they needed a smaller venue. They have trouble filling that new 9k seat stadium each home game, and they are back-to-back PCL champs.

In all honesty, I think the next cities to get a professional team would be Montreal, QC or San Juan, PR.

Good points, I did not know much about the market in that area. San Juan would be great, along with Mexico City, Montreal and what about Vancouver?

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
I would like to see a team back in Montreal. I think another good place would be Monterrey, Mexico.

Maybe someday there will be a team in Havana.

Golden Gopher

Aug 17, 2015
Richmond. Va. and Charlotte, NC could possibly support a team, although I agree they should be getting rid of teams that can't fill the seats on a daily basis.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I've said for years that MLB should cap stadium capacity in new parks to 35,000 and focus on intimate parks.

Secondly, you need to research not population but number of Fortune 500 companies. These are your ticket eaters, suite buyers and employers to the middle class fans that you're catering to.

Louisville is an interesting city. It is ALWAYS a top 5 city in any sport on TV. They consume sports well, just not sure about the geography.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Salt Lake City? Is Colorado, SF, Oak, or Seattle enough for that whole region?

dark horse answer: Mexico City.

For much as I would love it, it is not going to happen. Metropolitan area of more than 20 million but way less than 1% even care about baseball. Soccer is king and baseball is in no way improving here.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Perhaps San Juan would be better suited. Travel would stink but it'd be fun to see a team somewhere like Caracas too. If Canada can have a team....

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Charlotte NC would be great - play the Yankees and it would be like a family reunion = nobody sober for a week .

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I would like to see a team back in Montreal. I think another good place would be Monterrey, Mexico.

Maybe someday there will be a team in Havana.

That is a great one. I would like to add Santo Domingo.

Members online

Latest posts