Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Realmuto on the verge of going to Philly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.

I agree 100 percent. Let's put it this way. Realmuto posted a .277/.340/.484 line last year. In comparison, Alfaro posted .262/.324/.407.

Realmuto certainly has more athleticism and can steal bases, but Alfaro has an 80 grade arm and he's only growing. Are the Phillies seriously considering acquiring 2 years of Realmuto for 4 years of control on Alfaro, while also trading their top pitching arm in Sanchez and more? The value simply doesn't add up. I'd rather ride Alfaro out with the hopes that he incrementally improves. Giving up Sixto immediately depletes the Phillies' pitching insurance. They haven't drafted a pitcher in the first round since Nola and many of their later round picks (Eshelman, Gowdy, Seabold, Leibrandt, etc.) have been total busts. Plus they're considering moving one or two of: Medina, Bohm, Howard, Garcia, Haseley or Moniak.

No thanks.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It will be something if all of these young players the Marlins are stockpiling turn the team around. Jeter will either look like a genius or the devil to Marlins fans.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
It will be something if all of these young players the Marlins are stockpiling turn the team around. Jeter will either look like a genius or the devil to Marlins fans.

This was easily his best trade. At least the Marlins got something noteworthy in this deal. The others were total dumpster fires.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
I agree 100 percent. Let's put it this way. Realmuto posted a .277/.340/.484 line last year. In comparison, Alfaro posted .262/.324/.407.

Realmuto certainly has more athleticism and can steal bases, but Alfaro has an 80 grade arm and he's only growing. Are the Phillies seriously considering acquiring 2 years of Realmuto for 4 years of control on Alfaro, while also trading their top pitching arm in Sanchez and more? The value simply doesn't add up. I'd rather ride Alfaro out with the hopes that he incrementally improves. Giving up Sixto immediately depletes the Phillies' pitching insurance. They haven't drafted a pitcher in the first round since Nola and many of their later round picks (Eshelman, Gowdy, Seabold, Leibrandt, etc.) have been total busts. Plus they're considering moving one or two of: Medina, Bohm, Howard, Garcia, Haseley or Moniak.

No thanks.

Realmuto is the best catcher in baseball by more than one metric.

I like Alfaro but i'm not sure he'll ever hit to a level that you need in the majors. Sixto hurts a bit but i've personally always like Adonis Medina a little more.

I don't love the trade but he's now easily the best hitter on the phillies.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Giving up Sixto makes this a "no deal" for me.

Evidently they had been haggling for a while on him being in the deal. With the Fish almost having to trade Realmuto, I wonder what made the Phils "give in" to adding him...

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Im glad he went to the Phillies instead of the Reds. We already have a gold glove catcher with Barnhart. His hitting could be better but you really dont have a catcher for offense.

Fordman

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts