Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The $100K Club

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Thinking about keeping a thread where modern cards selling for $100,000 or more can be catalogued. This morning I saw this, being sold by PWCC:
1997 Metal Universe Precious Metal Gems Michael Jordan PMG GREEN /10

Graded by PSA as "Authentic Altered" it is bid up to $100,825 with 6.5 days to go. The condition of the card is not great, with flaking along all edges. No indication as to what the alteration is. Normally that means trimming, but the card looks normal size, I don't see unusual gaps in the slab. Could be color touch, but why? Probably trimmed by a fraction, but who knows.

There are 4 bidders at the $100K level, and several more in the $75,000+ range. All of them show an unusually high bid percentage with PWCC, but there seem to be people who favor buying from large dealers rather than anyone. And the people likely to drop that much on a card probably have narrow tastes and dealers like that carry the type of things they like. Plus, as I understand it, the large consignors offer better fee structures for sellers than ebay itself, so that's just where cards like this end up. None of the top 4 bidders have any bid retractions, so that's comforting, I suppose.

The card itself, what can you say? The 1997 PMG Greens are simply some of the most sought-after cards in the hobby. No matter whether it's Michael Jordan or Olden Polynice, they're valuable cards. This particular example has issues, obviously, but it's beautiful. The artwork on these cards has selective appeal, but the Jordan is pretty awesome. You can imagine him flying through a metal-inflected cosmos with a flaming meteor in his hand, posterizing God. The green gives it an alien sheen, and the fact that most people have never even seen this card before makes it all the more alluring.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Reserved to talk about the $250,000 Brady Contenders auto

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
Pwcc though, shilling could be involved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wrote on some other thread similar. I’m tired of being quiet and pwcc and probstein all
Have shill bidders it’s a joke. FACT. I COLLECT gwynn and have seen it over and over. One example I lose a card it gets re listed I email he says. Didn’t pay. Same card ends same
Bidder two weeks later
Same story then up a third
Time. Pwcc. Is a joke we all know out collectors in players against us even
The hard cards. I’m outbid now with 6 days with another 0 feedback on pwcc. They are the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I wrote on some other thread similar. I’m tired of being quiet and pwcc and probstein all
Have shill bidders it’s a joke. FACT. I COLLECT gwynn and have seen it over and over. One example I lose a card it gets re listed I email he says. Didn’t pay. Same card ends same
Bidder two weeks later
Same story then up a third
Time. Pwcc. Is a joke we all know out collectors in players against us even
The hard cards. I’m outbid now with 6 days with another 0 feedback on pwcc. They are the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

There’s no reason for the guy not to shill his own card. Sellers should understand it’s becoming their reputation and attempt to stop it but I think that would be difficult

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts