Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

autograph experts - need a wee bit of help....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
apologies in advance for the crappy pics ....usually i use scans but didnt have access to the scanner right now

got these in part of bulk lot a few months ago and just this week rediscovered them....just wanted to get opinions on authenticity...

my personal opinions -

apodaca and cloninger almost certainly legit.....

aarons probably also legit....

strawberrys i'm quite skeptical unless his signature have changed dramatically over the years....

JpstYmG.jpg

MEhNSD5.jpg

aHu8WXC.jpg

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
No opinion on the first two but the Aaron and Strawberry autographs are FAF.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
No opinion on the first two but the Aaron and Strawberry autographs are FAF.

i looked at literally hundreds of aaron autos online and honestly i saw a very large number certified (psa/dna/jsa)that look extremely similar to both of these....most newer ones seem a bit shakier or have more rounded lettering , but i think these were acquired in the late 80's or early 90's ...any particular reason you feel so strongly on them being fakes ?

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
Here is my Strawberry certified and it is night and day
View attachment 86974

i also saw hundreds of strawberry autos.....i know that virtually all certified autos i saw from 2000 to date looked like yours....older ones (most likely from the 90's) looked different (more of an actual "signature) , but still not like these....i was just wondering if these may have been VERY EARLY examples before his signature evolved (or devolved)....though i really doubted it , based on the rest of the collection involved i thought there may be a slim chance , but i couldn't find any really even close to these two...

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
i looked at literally hundreds of aaron autos online and honestly i saw a very large number certified (psa/dna/jsa)that look extremely similar to both of these....most newer ones seem a bit shakier or have more rounded lettering , but i think these were acquired in the late 80's or early 90's ...any particular reason you feel so strongly on them being fakes ?

If these were from the 1960's or 70's, I would have stated I was unsure but likely fake. I have not been able to find a single autograph from as early as the 80's where the k is as pronounced as these and the first A is tall and skinny as these. I could be wrong, I have been before and will be again in the future but my opinion is these are fakes.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
If these were from the 1960's or 70's, I would have stated I was unsure but likely fake. I have not been able to find a single autograph from as early as the 80's where the k is as pronounced as these and the first A is tall and skinny as these. I could be wrong, I have been before and will be again in the future but my opinion is these are fakes.

thanks for the extra info....much appreciated....

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014

The only one that looks remotely close to yours is the last one posted. The issues with that as a comp are, the authenticated example is smooth and uniform in the angle signed along with it looking to also be an example from Aaron's early playing days. Yours are none of those things.

Members online