Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Boomo's 50 Case hit tracker.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
deerpopcorn.gif

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
would this be safer?

having 484 auctions instead of 1000+
55 base + all parallels
165 prospects+ all parallels
55 chrome+ all parallels
165 chrome prospects+ all parallels
40 autograph slots + all parallels
1 Aflac Auto spot
1 Under Armour Auto spot
1 Black auto spot
1 spot for all jersey cards

Random off the Booklet if you get one

I would start all auctions at $99 s/h included...

No one would be shut out and I think everyone would be able to get a 1/1 (except for last 4 spots
Maybe I'll try that for 2013 Bowman

jtrinaldi

May 31, 2012
would this be safer?

having 484 auctions instead of 1000+
55 base + all parallels
165 prospects+ all parallels
55 chrome+ all parallels
165 chrome prospects+ all parallels
40 autograph slots + all parallels
1 Aflac Auto spot
1 Under Armour Auto spot
1 Black auto spot
1 spot for all jersey cards

Random off the Booklet if you get one

I would start all auctions at $99 s/h included...

No one would be shut out and I think everyone would be able to get a 1/1 (except for last 4 spots
Maybe I'll try that for 2013 Bowman
Yeah, that looks good. Boomo made it too damn confusing for people when they were going to bid. Logic says that you should have 1 slot for base and chrome, and 1 for the autos, not that split up nonsense.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
You would think booms would have covered himself better. But any chargeback he will lose so I am not sure what his plan is cause once the word spreads he better hope he got a bunch of honest buyers.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
curious as to why Boomo doesn't run his breaks from his own website, or from here.

If it is eBay that is the issue in terms of not allowing auctions of chance (which this clearly was), why do this through a vehicle that allows for the possibility of chargebacks? I know that eBay has the best publicity, but I'd imagine a lot of the winning bidders came from folks that either post or lurk on here or BO. If it was run through an independent website, no fees, no possibility of chargebacks...and folks around here and BO seem to trust Boomo with these things.

Certainly any additional publicity doing it on eBay might get is far outweighed by the fees and possibility and availability of chargebacks, especially when ebay rules so clearly proscribe these sorts of auctions (or would likely be read to proscribe such things).

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
also, is there way to disable the hyperlinks that occur when I type in the names of popular websites or posters? If I wanted to link to a person's profile, I'd have done it manually.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Most buyers on eBay are actually more honest than on unregulated sports card enthusiast websites. I sure hope he doesn't get f'ed on any of this stuff it was a great idea I'm sure a lot of people had a lot of fun with it and regardless there are guaranteed to be haters; when some gain other lose. Props to Boomo he's always been a standup guy when dealing with me and he's helped probably countless board members so hopefully he's treated the same way.

Also, would people really be guaranteed to win a chargeback on eBay? The auction is pretty clear that nothing is guaranteed although in the super auction Boomo estimates 3-4 being pulled. I know eBay has the "buyer is always right" policy, but it doesn't make sense under what grounds the buyers who didn't 'win' on their investment would file disputes

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
curious as to why Boomo doesn't run his breaks from his own website, or from here.

If it is eBay that is the issue in terms of not allowing auctions of chance (which this clearly was), why do this through a vehicle that allows for the possibility of chargebacks? I know that eBay has the best publicity, but I'd imagine a lot of the winning bidders came from folks that either post or lurk on here or BO. If it was run through an independent website, no fees, no possibility of chargebacks...and folks around here and BO seem to trust Boomo with these things.

Certainly any additional publicity doing it on eBay might get is far outweighed by the fees and possibility and availability of chargebacks, especially when ebay rules so clearly proscribe these sorts of auctions (or would likely be read to proscribe such things).

Without eBay there would be no selling any of these slots for anywhere near these prices. Not to mention that to date, there has been no real competitive auction websites that would allow this sort of exposure and this sort of bidding to take place. How would he have known what prices to charge for any one slot? It wouldn't work anywhere else. I hope he doesn't get burned by anyone.

I do recall him saying that those that got really skunked he'd look to do something for them, but I guess that is up to him. Unless he can ship them something, I don't think he has a leg to stand on. Between no confirmation of delivery and the game of luck rule, Boomo is in a vulnerable position.

The only reason I even mentioned the box of Jumbo is that he'd have something of value to pass on to people, they didn't cost him anywhere near the current resale value, and he'd have something to ship. I'm not saying he has to do that for me to avoid filing, I'm not filing anything. But he made money on the break, got a ton of exposure, and mostly positive, if he wanted to make good for some folks that got really skunked like the Zunino Gold & Up Autos, etc, throw them a few boxes. If I were in his shoes, that's what I would be considering...not that he should have to, we all knew the risk that we were taking, but I'm thinking from a CYA perspective.

Members online