Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Now Open - (6) Box 1998 Tek Break AIC / RStadlerASU22 - Break 9:03pm 8/27

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
They are hiding in the 2 boxes in the 90s break ;)

Ryan

I hope so!!

Honestly though, I didn't get in the one Tek multi-box break (which ended up being the hit boxes) and zero Belle diffractors and I think only a few base. I was SURE then that your six boxes would have something - ended up nothing lol.

Hope at least someone gets some Tek they need. That damn set is terrible for a player collector. To put it in perspective, it makes up over 5% of the cards outstanding that I need for Belle!

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I hope so!!

Honestly though, I didn't get in the one Tek multi-box break (which ended up being the hit boxes) and zero Belle diffractors and I think only a few base. I was SURE then that your six boxes would have something - ended up nothing lol.

Hope at least someone gets some Tek they need. That damn set is terrible for a player collector. To put it in perspective, it makes up over 5% of the cards outstanding that I need for Belle!

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Yeah it's a miserable set, though I wish Clark was in it... It def keeps you guys busy. One day maybe I'll take on the Master Set challenge ;)

Ryan

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yeah it's a miserable set, though I wish Clark was in it... It def keeps you guys busy. One day maybe I'll take on the Master Set challenge ;)

Ryan

I will admit that 1998 and 1999 Topps Tek do make it fun for a player collector long-term BUT it would be better if Topps was pounding out Belle cards in new product like he is going out of style lol. I only need 7 (or so) more patterns for the base Tek set for Belle and I can't wait until I complete it!

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
I also only got 4 Belle's in 6 boxes... pretty sad.

With 80 cards per box (~77 base) and 90 players in the set, five is probably the 'expected' number for any given player, with four or six being pretty common (assuming decent collation).

I haven't compared the patterns I got to my checklist, but I do know that in the six boxes, two of the Mo Vaughns were the same pattern!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
With 80 cards per box (~77 base) and 90 players in the set, five is probably the 'expected' number for any given player, with four or six being pretty common (assuming decent collation).

I haven't compared the patterns I got to my checklist, but I do know that in the six boxes, two of the Mo Vaughns were the same pattern!
Fair enough...

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
With perfect collation(using 77 base/3 dif per box), it would take about 105 boxes to complete a base/player set and only ;) 2700 boxes to do a Diffractor set. So even with perfect collation you could open 2699 boxes and not pull the Diffractor pattern you need to finish your player or set run..........

***and that would cost you $300-400000 for the wax

Ryan

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
With perfect collation(using 77 base/3 dif per box), it would take about 105 boxes to complete a base/player set and only ;) 2700 boxes to do a Diffractor set. So even with perfect collation you could open 2699 boxes and not pull the Diffractor pattern you need to finish your player or set run..........

***and that would cost you $300-400000 for the wax

Ryan
These numbers are what amazes me to think about what the print run was exactly for this release? I mean seriously, that's just the numbers for one of each... I mean was it just an all time large release by Topps? Amazing when you start doing the numbers.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
These numbers are what amazes me to think about what the print run was exactly for this release? I mean seriously, that's just the numbers for one of each... I mean was it just an all time large release by Topps? Amazing when you start doing the numbers.

As I've stated as a guess before, I don't think more than 10 dif and 250 base of each pattern exist, but that's strictly a guess, and it wouldn't suprise me if its less than that

Ryan

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
As I've stated as a guess before, I don't think more than 10 dif and 250 base of each pattern exist, but that's strictly a guess, and it wouldn't suprise me if its less than that

Ryan
But just run the number if that was the case... how many boxes/cases would that be? I mean it'd be a TON right?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Got mine in from [MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION]
Needed one of the five, pattern #1 so it wasn't a total miss for me. Only 7 more to go

DaBaddestHic

Aug 16, 2013
Post office finally decided to deliver my cards yesterday haha. Thanks [MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION] and everyone else!

Members online

No members online now.