Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What was that one card that??? When you were a kid or started collecting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RJ227

Mar 5, 2010
Cool topic. I started collecting in the mid-late 90s. I have a few in mind, but I'll choose the Vlad. It's still one of my favorites. Just a really nice looking card of the player that this pre-pubescent scout thought was the most talented baseball player I'd ever seen.
vladsetreg2_0006.jpg

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
Living near the bay area, the 86 Donruss Jose Canseco and 87 Fleer Will Clark RCs were big time.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
I started collecting in the mid 90s. The first set I went after was 96 Score.
So any Griffey insert from that set. Then I discovered 1997 Finest.
If I pulled any parallel from that set it was a good day.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
For my 9th birthday my dad gave me a 1960 Mantle. He told me all about The Mick and how he was everyone's baseball hero so many years earlier. Dad also recounted with me his baseball card collection from his childhood days. Too bad they became "Cards Your Mom Threw Out".

$_12.JPG

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
For my 9th birthday my dad gave me a 1960 Mantle. He told me all about The Mick and how he was everyone's baseball hero so many years earlier. Dad also recounted with me his baseball card collection from his childhood days. Too bad they became "Cards Your Mom Threw Out".

$_12.JPG

Thta's a sweet hand me down. My dad had all the great cards too. He lived in NY at the time and collected all the Ny teams. Had several mantle and mays rcs and all the rest. They moved to SOCAL at some point and when they did, the cards did not make the trip. Kills me, I would love to look through those cards.

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
1985 Topps Kirby Puckett. I always had cards but when my brother took my cards to a friend's house and he told me it was "worth" $20 I became infatuated with cards and their perceived value.

A close second was the 88-89 Fleer Michael Jordan. Still love that card.

Members online

Latest posts