Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Love the finest. Would love to have that one.
Folks may remember the Juan Gonzalez Prominent Powers #85/190 from that box break I did
Here it is all protected now !!

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Wow. A 10 on thick foil board

Amazingly people have NO idea how difficult that actually is until they try and do it themselves -- thank you for actually noticing that Chris. :wink:

Another two slabs. This one is my first slabbed 2007 SP Authentic By The Letter
The Fisk gives me 78 total variations ( and amazingly despite being # to just 5 I have a dupe of this particular card)

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

And is anyone else getting "graded " cards in ? Feel free to post here folks its not meant to be my own post I meant it for anyone to post their graded / slabbed items !!!

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A while ago I had posted this Griffey Interleague BGS gem I found in my inventory of stuff I need to handle. Dummy me forgot who I had the gem with so I sent the REFRACTOR version to PSA on a recent 15 day special. Now I have both in Gem condition- although I may need to transfer one over now to the other grading svc so its a matching pair when I go to sell !!

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
OK more stuff that's been in that I cannot remember if I posted. Many know I collect
certain Red Sox ( Clemens, Boggs, Garciaparra, Dewey Evans, Pudge Fisk and Fred Lynn)
Like others though I seem to have an unintentional Hit Dog collection. In my book-
Mo gets a pass before many others in that organization for his outreach work done while he
was a member of the Sox organization. A couple of hit dog die cuts below !!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Finally I was able to Gem a Juan Gonzalez Donruss Preferred item after 9 tries. While its his base Executive Suite #561 its still my first Gem in that many attempts. These are just plain tough items to Gem. I now have about 10 Juan Gone gems--sort a mini collection I guess. Doing all my late 90's and early 2000's stuff now. The Jeter and Larkin/Belle refractors are both re-slabs in the new lighthouse holders. The Jeter is off T-B otherwise would have gemmed that one easily.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Three cards that I'll be sending to PSA for the new lighthouse slabs are below
Case anyone's wondering why lots of Bagwell/Biggio- well many sets stars start at B

When I start getting to the rest of the alphabet you'll so other players
Still hammering away at the start points of these sets ( there are 70 sets in the 90s I'm busy slabbing)

And of course an obligatory [MENTION=4735]nosterbor[/MENTION] Juan Gone card

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Sorry folks have not been updating this since I got sick a while ago-- here are some new slabs back in August / Sept from BGS

These 2005 Leaf Century Material cards are a pain to locate in good condition. I'm ok with what this first batch came back as

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Will be scanning some PSA stuff for later once I catch up. Was sick for 6 weeks with a nasty case of the flu
Just recovering strength recently. Being diabetic didn't help matters

Jeff

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
First batch of Septmeber PSA slabs. These were the 'good" from the batch= had some ugly returns I wont scan
Better graded slabs to follow when I catch up = alternating between BGS / PSA entries, eBay listing and other stuff
I'll be doing some writing later as well for my Red Sox post as well

First a bunch of Mo Vaughn slabs from the Red Sox PC
Slabbing anything remotely near mint condition balance is being given away to my team collector guys
Hopefully no one is afraid of the " 666" Mo !!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

From the box breaks I did earlier this year sent in a bunch these are the worst of that group
The Black labels are notoriously difficult to gem- peeling is an issue as is surface
The Mac has an issue I didn't notice when I sent it on surface ( manufacturer related)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A BUNCH FROM MY BREAKS EARLIER IN THE YEAR

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

And of course an obligatory [MENTION=4735]nosterbor[/MENTION] Juan Gone card

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A few more back in November all from prior box breaks earlier in the year over in the box break section
Will start up again once I get caught up with all I'm workig on been sick--and busy when I'm well :)

Some folks will remember the Seaver from the Elite box. Have to send it back to PSA - again
Case came back scratched sadly.

The Jeter Ultimate dual is # 16/25. Thick patch cards are nearly impossible to gem
Quite happy to get Mint on both of them. Soft upper right corner on Seaver prevented the Gem.
Came out of the pack that way from manufacturer so not much you can do.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
And 3 months later I finally update the PSA slabs--geesh I hadn't realized it had been that long time has just flown by these last 3 months . My apology to people who PM or emailed sorry folks last 2 months have been a blur.

My wife has once again been hospitalized almost 9 years to the day she last went in so things are hectic. Been spending all my free time handling medical stuff and finally able to calm down enough to start scanning as I have to sell stuff on eBay to pay her medical bills. I'll get back to posting regular once things settle down later this month ( she has her next surgery March 14th so should settle down after that) and will restart the Red Sox post I had also as that's been a fun trip for me down memory lane

PSA 8 is the norm for stuff folks most card producers are very poor in their jersey / bat type pieces production so a NrMt 8 is normal. I am not disappointed in the 8's I expect that as the normal. A Mint 9 is a blessing and the rare Gem 10 is considered a major hit.

The Vlad is numbered to 100. Been slabbing Vlad's since his HOF induction for PSA registry master set collectors

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Added the POG and the Brilliants Blue to the other 3 below that I already had in house. Helton's being slabbed first then my other Rockies. Helton just happens to be start. I also have to slab Arenado's and Walkers as well as the Big Cat.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Already had these Helton's in house

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'll post more as I get the time
Jeff

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More slabs forgive the snow on the Vlad scanner pics up all lint. Most of whats back lately is Hall of Famers
or future possibles or set registry stuff very few personal slabs mostly resale stuff

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Two more recent slabs - 1 a football Hall Of Famer possibility the other a recent baseball HOF . Re-posting the Gonzalez as I re-scanned them in with better quality for [MENTION=4735]nosterbor[/MENTION]

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A few more slabs catching up. Saving the big dogs for later the majority scanning now are registry stuff
or for resale on feebay. The McGwire Lords Of the Diamond has a dimple on it by the 2nd triangle very top right hand side-its very hard to see on scans but easy in person. The dimple was the only thing that prevented it getting gem
The Finest I just forgot to wipe surfaces on them- not an issue I have tons more
Anyone who slabs Pacific knows how difficult gems are so happy on that one

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
way cool, how do you store all those?

To answer that question- 3 storage units in 2 different states plus 2 safety deposit boxes in 2 different states
I'm still spread between MA and NV despite 10 years in Vegas
A lot of slabs I'm currently showing wind up on eBay and many will eventually head there when I see the market move that way. Many wind up scanned and sent to my sealed storage area outside Vegas I keep very little in my apartment generally just eBay sales. I have a bunch of Harbor Freight carry cases customized to carry 150+ PSA slabs or 100 BGS slabs

I've carried this Lindros promo around so long finally slabbed it surprised it stayed mint
The Helton is for the PSA registry as is the Vlad but the Griffey and Lindros are eBay fodder

The big dog scans will be forthcoming in a bit still have a bunch of scans to renew/catch up

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php