Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Topps 5 Star only had 3 boxes left..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
So I got the email that my LCS got in some of this, so I thought I would go open some..

First box was okay.. so I decided to do the 2nd box, and then I did so well on the 2nd box, I thought I would open the 3rd box..
(I even offered the 3rd box to another customer, but he wants to get a full case)

So here are the hits.. 1st box, then 3rd box, then the 2nd box..

1st.. (since I am keeping a card for myself, I didn't scan it..basic auto no body important)

View attachment 26644View attachment 26645View attachment 26646View attachment 26647View attachment 26648

3rd..

View attachment 26649View attachment 26650View attachment 26651View attachment 26652View attachment 26653View attachment 26654

and now the 2nd box..

View attachment 26655View attachment 26656View attachment 26657View attachment 26658

OK, I pulled this 1/1 Auto Patch card and thought WOW..

View attachment 26659

but then the bottom card revealed this bad boy.. or should I say $$$$$$$$$$$$

jeter-a_zpsf4872f4e.jpg

jeter-b_zps50aa923b.jpg

It's not often that those of in the LCS were talking about a card that over shadowed a 1/1 patch Auto..

Enjoy..

Last edited:

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Oh man, when I saw the Jeter thread I didn't imagine how awesome that entire box was! Congrats!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Wow Kevin! That has been by far the two nicest cards I have seen so far of this years Five Star. That Jeter will certainly bring you coin and crazy to see the David Wright 1/1 look puny in comparison! Nicely done and I hope the un scanned card you are keeping is an Edgar :)

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
Both of those would have been the best card in all but 1 case out of 7-8 I saw yesterday. Congrats!

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Wow love that Wright!!!
And it bothers me more than it should that Eric Davis wrote Stay Focus instead of Stay Focused

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
Wow both of those were in the same box? That is amazing on your part but crappy collation on Topps. They should spread these out to make boxes better. That Jeter is going to bring big $. Congrats!

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
Congrats on the sick pulls. Feels great, doesn't it?

On another note...look at the discrepancy between that first box you posted and the last. Can you imagine watching two random customers each buy one box of this at the same time, and one gets that first box and the other gets the latter one? I know you said you offered it up to another customer, so you're probably seeing this from a happy "fate was on my side" point of view right now. But seriously, if you could just observe two other people break those boxes, you're heart would have to break for the first guy. I haven't seen any breaks of this yet, but based on your results it seems like one helluva boom or bust product.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Freedom Card Board mobile app

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Wow both of those were in the same box? That is amazing on your part but crappy collation on Topps. They should spread these out to make boxes better. That Jeter is going to bring big $. Congrats!

Really? So you think a $400+ box of cards should have a 1-big-hit limit? C'mon man get real!

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
Really? So you think a $400+ box of cards should have a 1-big-hit limit? C'mon man get real!

WTH are you talking about??? Yes I do think that they should be inserted into different boxes. That's like buying a box of Exquisite and pulling a Jordan and Lebron auto in the same box. Wouldn't it be better to insert them into different boxes/cases across the print run?

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.

I agree the hits should be spread out. Pinbreaker hit a hell of a box. It would be a different story if every box was good, but we all know some poor sap is going to be lucky to get 50 bucks back from their box.

Members online

Latest posts