Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 Upper Deck Special FX Blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Nope. Have 14 base cards, which I keep buying hoping to find an incorrectly labelled blue. Also have 6 purples /150, 5 greens /99, and 2 reds /50. But that blue...

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Going to bump this again....

To quote an Elton John song maybe "Someday out of the blue" my Nierko will pop up.

Search EBay and Comc daily for it , but seems like every other player is listed, and below $8 at that! This card shouldn't be that hard to track down lol!

Anybody else have some summer luck with theirs?

Thanks,
Jeff

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I have a theory on these. We all know that the idea of these being /25 was based on nothing more than seeing them fall in boxes at half the rate of Reds /50. But it is known that more than 25 of some exist; two years ago my local had hoard that included 226 each of the Blue Scott Kazmir and Chris Young. So I'm thinking that the total number of Blues produced is right (1025 X 25 = 25625 total Blues), but it isn't even throughout the print run. 226 Kazmirs would mean that 200 Blues of other players were never even made; 226 Youngs mean 200 more were never made. Between just those two, that's 16 Blues that were possibly never made. Were they stars, or the Lance Niekros and Brandon Webbs that people have been looking for forever? Maybe UD did it on purpose to get people to buy a crap product?

Also, looking back a few pages reminded me of the 78 Blue Nelson Cruz that used to be on COMC. That's another couple of Blues that weren't ever made.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Ugh- If you are right Bacon that would be very discouraging, but a good explain action. Wish Upper Deck would still answer questions on their old products like this one...

Thanks,
Jeff

Members online

Latest posts