Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors-How do you store your collection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
99% of my cards from my player collections (and all my complete sets) are in Ultra Pro 9-pocket pages in binders.
I prefer to look at my cards in binders because they're like picture books.
Only my very valuable cards are in toploaders.
None of my cards in binders have ever been damaged since I started collecting in 1985.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Cards sorted by year, then set, then subset. Every card in a toploader and each drawer gets it's own year. GU and Auto's are stored separately (down below) from the rest of the cards. Each row holds 150-200 cards depending on thickness and all the drawers are interchangeable. I've also got enough empty drawers that I was able to store all my duplicates and cards a couple full sets/misc cards. Pretty much eliminated the need for boxes :D

Attachments

• IMG-20130423-00030.jpg
    IMG-20130423-00030.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG-20130423-00031.jpg
    IMG-20130423-00031.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

Logan2500

May 21, 2012
PA
Cards sorted by year, then set, then subset. Every card in a toploader and each drawer gets it's own year. GU and Auto's are stored separately (down below) from the rest of the cards. Each row holds 150-200 cards depending on thickness and all the drawers are interchangeable. I've also got enough empty drawers that I was able to store all my duplicates and cards a couple full sets/misc cards. Pretty much eliminated the need for boxes :D

That's nice! For me, valuable cards in top loaders in my drawer, everything else is in boxes of the top shelf of my closet.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Fandruw, those drawers are really cool. Reminds me of the old library dewey decimal system card catalogue drawers.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
All of my standard size cards (and smaller) are in penny sleeves and toploaders, from the 1990 Donruss to /10 relic cards and everything in between. I have toploaders of various thicknesses. I did a video a while ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV9ZkDA92s0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

8x10's and other similiar sized flat items are in archival binder pages. Oddball stuff like SLU's, a bobblehead, toys, etc are just in shoeboxes. Posters are rolled up in mailing tubes. Jerseys are hung in my closet in those plastic protectors you get your drycleaning back in.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 LTE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
YES!!! Another Chance to Post My Cheerio Cabinet :D

plus a few wall shelfs
and of course Shoe Boxes .............hehe

Last edited:

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Fandruw, those drawers are really cool. Reminds me of the old library dewey decimal system card catalogue drawers.

I actually used a old library card catalog prior to having this built. It sucked though since I had to put the cards side-ways and the springs would sometimes stick. I got really lucky having this built since my wife worked with a HS student who was in tech school for woodworking. I bought the materials....he got the grade.

That thing is awesome! What if you have more than 200 cards per year?

RAZOR-Z

Apr 3, 2012
The Motor City
1_zps49a8b0f1.jpg

cb17fbf4-9567-4be7-b859-c55158f6925b_zps06388a7d.jpg

5_zpsf3bc9487.jpg

9_zpsbb6dc5df.jpg

6_zpsf3b9afc7.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
99% of my cards from my player collections (and all my complete sets) are in Ultra Pro 9-pocket pages in binders.
I prefer to look at my cards in binders because they're like picture books.
Only my very valuable cards are in toploaders.
None of my cards in binders have ever been damaged since I started collecting in 1985.

+1 here. I love storing in binders and have never had any issues.

Muti- meaning mutilated?

LOL!

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I actually used a old library card catalog prior to having this built. It sucked though since I had to put the cards side-ways and the springs would sometimes stick. I got really lucky having this built since my wife worked with a HS student who was in tech school for woodworking. I bought the materials....he got the grade.

Im hoping to find a nice old card catalog for my collection.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Wow! That's just greatness.

Thanks. Also has a lid that slides on. A couple of years ago I commented to my 7 year old that I wish I had something to put my Ozzie cards in. She then takes one of my old top loaders and gives it to my father in law who is a woodworker and asks him to make me something. Once it was done both of my kids stained it. Probably the best gift I ever got. The only downside is that it is heavy as hell. Probably weighs 50lbs full.

with lid:

KCBeltranFan

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
That is probably one of the greatest stories I've ever heard. What an incredibly thoughtful child. Awesome gift from both of them.

Sent from my HTC One X using Freedom Card Board mobile app

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I have always used binders since day 1. Started with one, then a bigger one, worked my way to a 5 inch binder, which weighed a ton. After I exceeded the 5 inch, I did two binders, then 3, now I'm up to 7 plus a thin one for all of my oversized pieces (8x10 cards, 3x5, my Beckett covers and auto pictures, etc). The oddball pieces such as donruss preferred tins and topps triple headers are kept inside my bigger donruss preferred jumbo tins. And all the thicker game used cards are kept in a box in my cabinet.

20130424_145159_zps817c07f1.jpg

Members online