Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1998 Flair Perfect 10 - Have one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Just curious as to who has a copy of one of these very rare cards.
These were randomly inserted into packs and are hand numbered to 10.

Here is the checklist:

Ken Griffey Jr.
Cal Ripken
Frank Thomas
Mike Piazza
Greg Maddux
Nomar Garciaparra
Mark McGwire
Scott Rolen
Alex Rodriguez
Roger Clemens

Being a Clemens collector, I have only seen 2 of these since 1998 and both times the seller had a ridiculous opening bid.

If you have any of the players in the set, let's see them!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
This is one card I still really want of Frank. I don't think I've ever seen one of these in person, and very, very rarely online, though I don't check too frequently. 100 total cards during a peak production year of a popular set, good luck.

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
uniquebaseballcards said:
Any thoughts on which would be more valuable - the Perfect 10 or the Starting 9 from 1999 Tradition??

I don't know much (anything) about Starting 9, but the Perfect 10's I have seen sell went waayy higher than I thought they would.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Interesting - probably partially due to the pre-2000 Flair Showcase collectors.

Cobra29svt said:
uniquebaseballcards said:
Any thoughts on which would be more valuable - the Perfect 10 or the Starting 9 from 1999 Tradition??

I don't know much (anything) about Starting 9, but the Perfect 10's I have seen sell went waayy higher than I thought they would.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
That is flat out filthy!!

Whoever put that set together spent some serious coin.
You wonder how many remain upopened.

jeffv96masters said:
MAGICPAPA knew someone selling the entire set,,, I just wanted the Clemens but the asking price for the set was WAY above my head,,,,,,,,,

Here is one sold by another member on the old Beckett,,,,,, I kept the pics,,,,,

clemensfront.jpg

clemensback.jpg

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
jeffv96masters said:
MAGICPAPA knew someone selling the entire set,,, I just wanted the Clemens but the asking price for the set was WAY above my head,,,,,,,,,

Here is one sold by another member on the old Beckett,,,,,, I kept the pics,,,,,

clemensfront.jpg

clemensback.jpg

Thanks for the scan!!!!

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
I wouldn't have broken that set up!
All #'d 1/10 is insane.

Cobra29svt said:
Jeff,
The seller that had the set...weren't they all #01/10 or am I mistaken?

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Sorry to bump an old thread...if anyone is familiar with approximate prices that these cards have sold for, or asking prices, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks!

Members online

Latest posts