Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1-3 oz packages went from $1.69 - $1.93

Status
Not open for further replies.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
OUCH

Just raised all of my shipping prices on sportlots and I am debating on going away from free shipping on eBay.

Affecting anyone else so far?

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
That blows big time.......I just lost $.24 on every card I ship.......with stamps going up $.03 I figured there would be a small increase but $.24 is a joke.......oh well.......

pac_rat_76

Aug 10, 2008
Minnesota
The ever increasing prices sure put a damper on small trades/purchases! It likely won't change my purchasing/trading habits but certainly will have to look @ charging more for shipping on sales.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I forgot the raise was today. I didn't do all of my packages yesterday including a few 8oz +. Cost myself some money on that one.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Nearly $2 to ship something that weighs 1 F-ing ounce. That's rape. Something needs to be done about the Post Office endlessly raising their prices and screwing small businesses before it gets even more out of hand. It's completely ridiculous and only hurts the economy.

Nearly $2 to ship something that weighs 1 F-ing ounce. That's rape. Something needs to be done about the Post Office endlessly raising their prices and screwing small businesses before it gets even more out of hand. It's completely ridiculous and only hurts the economy.
Calm down there nancy....don't get your panties all twisted up

The USPS does a great job considering the volume of mail they deliver a day

Consider the increase in milk, gas, a cup of coffee soda etc. the post office is a bargain compared to UPS FED EX etc

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York

Consider the increase in milk, gas, a cup of coffee soda etc. the post office is a bargain compared to UPS FED EX etc
Is this a serious response? First of all, grow up. Secondly, to act like skyrocketing Post Office prices are no big deal means you must not do very much volume when it comes to selling, meaning you should probably keep your mouth shut about things that barely affect you. No one wants to hear opinions of people with little knowledge of what they are speaking about.

Last edited:

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Why? According to Mahoody, it's no big deal. Just roll with it and accept whatever happens because UPS and/or FedEx do not offer a better option for small shipments.

Derp.

Last edited:

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008

Heh, your Obama sig is funny.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I have no idea what you are talking about but I really never do.
Sorry. I'll try to dumb things down for you so you won't have such a tough time.

You don't seem to like the price increase, neither do I. Mahoody says big deal, I responded that someone with 20 ebay listings shouldn't even be commenting against others complaining about the price increase because it barely affects him as it would someone with say, 1,000 listings or thousands of shipments a year.

Better?

Last edited:

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
The fee going up sucks but it is what it is. Can't really complain about people doing a service for you.

This is coming from a guy that sends over 300 packages a month out. Adjust and move on but it still sucks. No need to make pointless arguments about it though.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
The fee going up sucks but it is what it is. Can't really complain about people doing a service for you.

This is coming from a guy that sends over 300 packages a month out. Adjust and move on but it still sucks. No need to make pointless arguments about it though.
If you don't care, why the hell did you make a thread and type "OUCH" and ask how it is affecting anyone else.

What is going on around here? I feel like I'm in the Twilight zone.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
OP - 'OUCH, this Post Office increase kinda sucks, huh. Is it affecting anyone else?'

'Yeah, it freaking sucks!'

OP- 'Stop complaining, it is what it is.'

I'm out of this stupid thread.
Don't leave yet, we haven't earned the guy a point yet. Come back, we need another page or 2.

My question is, which will make most sellers, have to quit selling, first??
A: ebay policy
B: usps policy
C: wont happen, because as bad as usps, ebay, and ebay buyers are, sellers are addicted
D: this will all blow over and just be looked at, as our first kick to the junk of 2014

Listen carefully

Compared to other increases the usps increase is not a big deal considering the other alternatives out there. SKYROCKETING RATES ??? Give me a break

My medical insurance went from $864 a month to $1426 a month in the past 2 years.

It is what it is.

The post office does a great job moving the amount of mail it does a day.

Stop complaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts