Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~Introducing, THE GREATEST PLAYERS OF ALL-TIME TEAM, as voted by the members of FCB~

Of the FCB-voted best overall players, who is the greatest overall player of all-time?

• JOHNNY BENCH

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ROGERS HORNSBY

• MIKE SCHMIDT

• RANDY JOHNSON

• MARIANO RIVERA

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Using only the poll WINNERS, set your lineup and batting order (use the DH or slot the pitcher) and "opening game" starting pitcher to finish off this GREATEST PLAYERS OF ALL-TIME TEAM series.

C - JOHNNY BENCH
1B - LOU GEHRIG
2B - ROGERS HORNSBY
SS - HONUS WAGNER
3B - MIKE SCHMIDT
LF - TED WILLIAMS
CF - WILLIE MAYS
RF - BABE RUTH
SP - RANDY JOHNSON
SP - WALTER JOHNSON
SP - BOB GIBSON
SP - SANDY KOUFAX
RP - MARIANO RIVERA

DH - EDGAR MARTINEZ

2ND TEAM

C - YOGI BERRA
1B - ALBERT PUJOLS
2B - JOE MORGAN
SS - CAL RIPKEN JR.
3B - BROOKS ROBINSON
LF - STAN MUSIAL
CF - KEN GRIFFEY JR.
RF - HANK AARON
SP - NOLAN RYAN
SP - GREG MADDUX
SP - PEDRO MARTINEZ
SP - CY YOUNG
RP - DENNIS ECKERSLEY

DH - FRANK THOMAS

Last edited:

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Using only the poll winners, set your lineup and batting order (use the DH or slot the pitcher) and select your "opening game" starting pitcher to finish this thing off.

Last edited:

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I voted Ted Williams, because he could knock the crap outta the ball, fly a plane beter than most and kill North Koreans.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
1. Honus Wagner - SS
2. Rogers Hornsby - 2B
3. Ted Williams - LF
4. Babe Ruth - RF
5. Lou Gehrig - 1B
6. Willie Mays - CF
7. Mike Schmidt - 3B
8. Johnny Bench - C
9. Edgar Martinez - DH

SP - Walter Johnson

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Starting Pitcher - Randy Johnson

Batting Order/Lineup

1st - Honus Wagner SS
2nd - Willie Mays CF
3rd - Ted Williams LF
4th - Babe Ruth RF
5th - Johnny Bench C
6th - Lou Gehrig 1B
7th - Rogers Hornsby 2B
8th - Edgar Martinez DH
9th - Mike Schmidt 3B

Last edited:

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Anyone have any final thoughts on the finished team? I would have liked to of seen Frank Thomas over Edgar Martinez, Greg Maddux over Sandy Koufax and Brooks Robinson over Mike Schmidt. Just personal preference. The final team turned out great though. I am truly surprised at the vote tally deeming Randy Johnson the best pitcher ever. I can see it though. In his prime, with that stature, he was very likely the most feared pitcher in baseball history. That's why I went with him as my "opening game" starter. This was very fun guys and gals. I might do a "best overall active players team" if you guys would like to participate. Or maybe a "best overall active players 25-or-under team". Let me know.

Last edited:

dinodak

Oct 12, 2008
Great team (obviously) but seeing Edgar Martinez in that lineup of legends makes me throw up in my mouth a little :)

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Great team (obviously) but seeing Edgar Martinez in that lineup of legends makes me throw up in my mouth a little :)

That is why I separated the DH from the rest and didn't add it to the "best overall player" poll, because many have general disdain for the "position". lol Oh well, the DH exists. We have to deal with it.

wildcat4

Aug 7, 2008
Southern Illinois
SS -- Honus Wagner
2B -- Rogers Hornsby
1B -- Lou Gehrig
RF -- Babe Ruth
LF -- Ted Williams
CF -- Willie Mays
3B -- Mike Schmidt
C -- Johnny Bench
DH -- Edgar Martinez

Starting pitcher -- Bob Gibson

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
1. Honus Wagner - SS
2. Rogers Hornsby - 2B
3. Ted Williams - LF
4. Babe Ruth - RF
5. Lou Gehrig - 1B
6. Willie Mays - CF
7. Mike Schmidt - 3B
8. Johnny Bench - C
9. Edgar Martinez - DH

SP - Walter Johnson

You sir, have read my mind. This is my exact lineup no if's and's or but's. I'll give a clicky on your invisible thanks button.:cool:

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Anyone have any final thoughts on the finished team? I would have liked to of seen Frank Thomas over Edgar Martinez, Greg Maddux over Sandy Koufax and Brooks Robinson over Mike Schmidt. Just personal preference. The final team turned out great though. I am truly surprised at the vote tally deeming Randy Johnson the best pitcher ever. I can see it though. In his prime, with that stature, he was very likely the most feared pitcher in baseball history. That's why I went with him as my "opening game" starter. This was very fun guys and gals. I might do a "best overall active players team" if you guys would like to participate. Or maybe a "best overall active players 25-or-under team". Let me know.

I would most definitely participate in that as well.

I am pretty sure I voted in all but 3 or 4 of the polls you posted, as it was definitely something fun to think about and see how others felt.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I didn't vote in any of the other threads, so maybe I'm too late to the Party but here is my un-solicted two cents.

1. There is NO way Randy Johnson is a Best ever Starting Pitcher, started his success too late.

2. Yogi Berra is NOT the 2nd best catcher Ever. Funniest yes, not Best all-around.

3. Frank Thomas is the #1 AT DH.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I didn't vote in any of the other threads, so maybe I'm too late to the Party but here is my un-solicted two cents.

1. There is NO way Randy Johnson is a Best ever Starting Pitcher, started his success too late.

2. Yogi Berra is NOT the 2nd best catcher Ever. Funniest yes, not Best all-around.

Who was better?

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York

You can still vote in all the polls. They are all linked in the OP. The only polls that are unchangeable are the starting pitchers polls, because we already had the rotation vote.

Members online