Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1991 Score Lee Guetterman (Metal Card)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Has anyone seen one like it or own this very card? It's a pretty substantial (heavy) but thin replica of his 1991 Score card. I believe it is an exact copy, although I didn't gid up one to compare. The only thing out of place is a small "Linmar Limited" in the back corner.

A google search resulted in nothing.

I got this several years ago, but don't remember where. Maybe ebay, maybe a local shop purchase. it's pretty cool, even considering it's Lee Guetterman.

IMG_2077.jpgIMG_2078.jpg
IMG_2080.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Yep, I tried here and at Net54. I don't get around to too many other sites anymore.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I'd bet it was a sample produced by Linmar Limited trying to get a MLB license. Back then they were licensing everything for everyone, but I would suppose they just said Highland Mint is producing metal cards and we're good with that. TBH, the background of the image on the front with the circles I guess supposed to be people in the crowd looks amateurish to me, and I'd probably pass, too.

Super cool item, anyway, despite Mr. Guetterman's lack of stardom. Real junk era mystery.

Members online

Latest posts