Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1996 Leaf - Bronze/Silver/Gold Press Proof Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Any many collectors know or at least those from the '90s, 1996 Leaf had three parallel sets to the base set which has a somewhat refractor like finish but one was bronze color, one was silver and the other was gold. They were "Press Proofs."

The main set had 220 cards in it and the Bronze Press Proof set was SP to 2000 copies, Silver Press Proof set was SP to 1000 copies and the Gold Press Proof set was SP to 500. These were randomly inserted into packs at 1:10 and everyone wanted a Gold obviously. Each Press Proof was printed with holographic foil with the "Leaf 96" logo stamped in either Gold, Silver, or Bronze foil. The cards are NOT serial-numbered, and the words "PRESS PROOF" appear nowhere on the card.

IMO, the hardest to find was/is the Silver Press Proof because some people might not even know that they have it give how light the silver looked. Also, it is also very difficult to tell the difference between Gold and Bronze because of how similar they looked.

Anyone have their guys rainbow? Anyone ever collect a master set of any of the Press Proofs? Thoughts on the set?

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Also, given there are checklists in this set, those are included in having the Bronze, Silver and Gold Press Proofs. Albert Belle is on the back of #210 with Bichette and I have the Bronze and Gold but have had the most IMPOSSIBLE time finding the Silver. Anyone have one or know where I could get one? Seems like with 1000 copies out there, it's sitting in a common bin or a shoe box somewhere.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Dawson was only in Leaf Limited, Leaf Preferred, and Leaf Signature that year. Have the Dawson signature rainbow.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
The cards just looks great on hand. One of my favorites...

attachment.php

and of course.....

attachment.php

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Also, given there are checklists in this set, those are included in having the Bronze, Silver and Gold Press Proofs. Albert Belle is on the back of #210 with Bichette and I have the Bronze and Gold but have had the most IMPOSSIBLE time finding the Silver. Anyone have one or know where I could get one? Seems like with 1000 copies out there, it's sitting in a common bin or a shoe box somewhere.
didnt I send you the Bronze ? ;)

Members online