Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Studio Portraits cards

With 56 variations in this set, it is nearly impossible to complete your player collection unless you are extremely diligent (and lucky). I am still looking for several Frank Thomas cards and Bo Jackson cards to complete my sets. Along the way, I have purchased more than 500 cards of other players to use as trade cards if anyone can help me out (and now as part of my PC). I'm particularly interested in the low numbered cards (#/20 or less) of these 2 players, but would possibly trade to get a spare Bo in any number. If you have any Bo or Frank cards from this set, please let me know what you have and what player(s) you are looking for in return. Thanks.I am now trying to put together an entire Type Set of all 100 players (8 frontal variations each, SEE Below for Player Checklist). Stay connected to this thread and watch my progress. Any help would be greatly appreciated! For those who aren't aware of the variations, here they are: (if you only have 1 of these of your favorite player, you only need 55 more, LOL). :

Red Color Estrellas /30
Red Color Certified Materials /35
Red Color Throwback Threads /40
Red Color Leather & Lumber /45
Red Color Studio /50
Red Color Diamond Kings /55
Red Color Zenith /60
Red Black & White Estrellas /25
Red Black & White Certified Materials /30
Red Black & White Throwback Threads /35
Red Black & White Leather & Lumber /40
Red Black & White Studio /45
Red Black & White Diamond Kings /50
Red Black & White Zenith /55
Blue Color Estrellas /25
Blue Color Certified Materials /30
Blue Color Throwback Threads /35
Blue Color Leather & Lumber /40
Blue Color Studio /45
Blue Color Diamond Kings /50
Blue Color Zenith /55
Blue Black & White Estrellas /20
Blue Black & White Certified Materials /25
Blue Black & White Throwback Threads /30
Blue Black & White Leather & Lumber /35
Blue Black & White Studio /40
Blue Black & White Diamond Kings /45
Blue Black & White Zenith /50
Sepia Color Estrellas /15
Sepia Color Certified Materials /20
Sepia Color Throwback Threads /25
Sepia Color Leather & Lumber /30
Sepia Color Studio /35
Sepia Color Diamond Kings /40
Sepia Color Zenith /45
Sepia Black & White Estrellas /10
Sepia Black & White Certified Materials /15
Sepia Black & White Throwback Threads /20
Sepia Black & White Leather & Lumber /25
Sepia Black & White Studio /30
Sepia Black & White Diamond Kings /35
Sepia Black & White Zenith /40
White Color Estrellas /10
White Color Certified Materials /20
White Color Throwback Threads /30
White Color Leather & Lumber /40
White Color Studio /50
White Color Diamond Kings /60
White Color Zenith /70
White Black & White Estrellas /5 My biggest WANT/NEED for Bo (& Frank) in this set.
White Black & White Certified Materials /10
White Black & White Throwback Threads /15
White Black & White Leather & Lumber /20
White Black & White Studio /25
White Black & White Diamond Kings /30
White Black & White Zenith /35


For the player collector who don't have the patience to try to get all 56 cards in this set, and don't care what's written on the backs ... may I suggest trying to complete a type set of the 8 different front sides of your favorite player in this set....

Red (pinkish) border, color portrait
Red (pinkish) border, black & white portrait
Blue border, color portrait
Blue border, black & white portrait
Sepia (tan) border, color portrait
Sepia (tan) border, black & white portrait
White (gray) border, color portrait
White (gray) border, black & white portrait

This would be a lot less expensive (especialy if you went after the higher serial numbers of each kind), and much easier to complete. And, it would look great in your PC.
:cool: Below I have added a list of the 100 players (checklist) in this mamoth set:

Card # PLAYER
SP-1 Smith, Ozzie
SP-2 Jeter, Derek
SP-3 Chavez, Eric
SP-4 Snider, Duke
SP-5 Pujols, Albert
SP-6 Musial, Stan
SP-7 Rodriguez, Ivan
SP-8 Ripken, Cal
SP-9 Blalock, Hank
SP-10 Jones, Chipper
SP-11 Sheffield, Gary
SP-12 Soriano, Alfonso
SP-13 Crawford, Carl
SP-14 Brock, Lou
SP-15 Edmonds, Jim
SP-16 Jackson, Bo
SP-17 Helton, Todd
SP-18 Lopez, Javy
SP-19 Gwynn, Tony
SP-20 Mulder, Mark
SP-21 Sosa, Sammy
SP-22 Clemens, Roger
SP-23 Mattingly, Don
SP-24 Mays, Willie
SP-25 Jones, Andruw
SP-26 Garvey, Steve
SP-27 Rolen, Scott
SP-28 Brett, George
SP-29 Carew, Rod
SP-30 Griffey Jr, Ken
SP-31 Piazza, Mike
SP-32 Carlton, Steve
SP-33 Walker, Larry
SP-34 Wood, Kerry
SP-35 Thomas, Frank
SP-36 Berkman, Lance
SP-37 Garciaparra, Nomar
SP-38 Schilling, Curt
SP-39 Yastrzemski, Carl
SP-40 Grace, Mark
SP-41 Seaver, Tom
SP-42 Rivera, Mariano
SP-43 Beltran, Carlos
SP-44 Jackson, Reggie
SP-45 Martinez, Pedro
SP-46 Sexson, Richie
SP-47 Glavine, Tom
SP-48 Hunter, Torii
SP-49 Guidry, Ron
SP-50 Young, Michael
SP-51 Ichiro
SP-52 Sabathia, C.C.
SP-53 Bench, Johnny
SP-54 Teixeira, Mark
SP-55 Matsui, Hideki
SP-56 Mussina, Mike
SP-57 Santana, Johan
SP-58 Jenkins, Fergie
SP-59 Nomo, Hideo
SP-60 Ryan, Nolan
SP-61 Ford, Whitey
SP-62 Thome, Jim
SP-63 Carter, Gary
SP-64 Johnson, Randy
SP-65 Guerrero, Vladimir
SP-66 Killebrew, Harmon
SP-67 Hudson, Tim
SP-68 Beckett, Josh
SP-69 Murray, Eddie
SP-70 Maddux, Greg
SP-71 Drew, J.D.
SP-72 Feller, Bob
SP-73 Beltre, Adrian
SP-74 Boggs, Wade
SP-75 Zito, Barry
SP-76 Ortiz, David
SP-77 Schmidt, Mike
SP-78 Cabrera, Miguel
SP-79 Delgado, Carlos
SP-80 Dawson, Andre
SP-81 Anderson, Garret
SP-82 Henderson, Rickey
SP-83 Green, Shawn
SP-84 Murphy, Dale
SP-85 Rodriguez, Alex
SP-86 Prior, Mark
SP-87 Molitor, Paul
SP-88 Bagwell, Jeff
SP-89 Gagne, Eric
SP-90 Glaus, Troy
SP-91 Yount, Robin
SP-92 Tejada, Miguel
SP-93 Gibson, Kirk
SP-94 Ramirez, Manny
SP-95 Palmeiro, Rafael
SP-96 Wills, Maury
SP-97 Biggio, Craig
SP-98 Palmer, Jim
SP-99 Dunn, Adam
SP-100 Fisk, Carlton
 

theplasticman

Active member
Nov 21, 2008
3,826
bojacksoncollector said:
I have 2 of Eddie's cards. Which ones are you missing? Maybe you got lucky.
Woops, hadn't looked in a while. Missing more than I thought. I have 48/56

RED + B&W photo
R/B & W Leaf Certified Materials - ser #’d to 30
R/B & W Leather & Lumber - ser #’d to 40
R/B & W Leaf CertifiedCuts - ser #’d to 45

BLUE + B&W photo
B/B & W Leaf Certified Materials - ser #’d to 25

SEPIA + Color photo
S/C Diamond Kings - ser #’dto 40

SEPIA + B&W photo
Sepia/Black & White/Donruss Estrellas - ser #’d to 10

WHITE + B&W photo
W/B & W Donruss Estrellas - ser #’d to 5
W/B & W Zenith - ser #’d to 35
 
theplasticman said:
bojacksoncollector said:
I have 2 of Eddie's cards. Which ones are you missing? Maybe you got lucky.
Woops, hadn't looked in a while. Missing more than I thought. I have 48/56

RED + B&W photo
R/B & W Leaf Certified Materials - ser #’d to 30
R/B & W Leather & Lumber - ser #’d to 40
R/B & W Leaf CertifiedCuts - ser #’d to 45

BLUE + B&W photo
B/B & W Leaf Certified Materials - ser #’d to 25

SEPIA + Color photo
S/C Diamond Kings - ser #’dto 40

SEPIA + B&W photo
Sepia/Black & White/Donruss Estrellas - ser #’d to 10

WHITE + B&W photo
W/B & W Donruss Estrellas - ser #’d to 5
W/B & W Zenith - ser #’d to 35

Darn, You have the2 that I have, and I spotted one on another trade site last night, but you have that one also. I have your list taped to my desk... I'll keep my eyes open for you. I helped one guy with Nomo so much that his collection is now more complete than my own, but it was almost as much fun helping him as it would be finding my Frank and Bo cards (Almost). Please keep your eyes open for Frank Thomas & Bo Jackson cards from this set for me. Have you tried laying out the 8 frontal variations on a page and seeing how cool it looks?
 

Jastermereel

New member
Dec 20, 2008
3,343
I can tell you ahead of time I don't have any of the cards you need, but I'm working on the Mariano Rivera set. Do you have any you would part with? I'm only about 1/2 complete, though I do have the /5 version.
 
Jastermereel said:
I can tell you ahead of time I don't have any of the cards you need, but I'm working on the Mariano Rivera set. Do you have any you would part with? I'm only about 1/2 complete, though I do have the /5 version.
I only have one of his: I have the Blue-Color Diamond Kings reverse Ser #48/50. Is this one you need?
 
gracecollector said:
I have this Frank Thomas...

2005 Studio
SP-35
Studio Portraits White Frame /Color Photo /DK Back #35/60

Do you have any of Mark Grace? I'm at about 32 of them.

If any other collectors want to check for them, I have several listed on my website http://www.baseballcardstars.com on individual player pages.
With almost 275 of these cards, I'm surprised, but no, I don't have any of Mark Grace. I have a 2003 Leaf Limited Silver Spotlight #35/100 of him. I may also have some of the 2007 Topps Moments & Milestones of him (just need to know his card numbers). Plmk which ones you need from any/all of these sets and I'll be glad to help look for the ones you're missing.
 
bojacksoncollector said:
gracecollector said:
I have this Frank Thomas...

2005 Studio
SP-35
Studio Portraits White Frame /Color Photo /DK Back #35/60

Do you have any of Mark Grace? I'm at about 32 of them.

If any other collectors want to check for them, I have several listed on my website http://www.baseballcardstars.com on individual player pages.
With almost 275 of these cards, I'm surprised, but no, I don't have any of Mark Grace. I have a 2003 Leaf Limited Silver Spotlight #35/100 of him. I may also have some of the 2007 Topps Moments & Milestones of him (just need to know his card numbers). Plmk which ones you need from any/all of these sets and I'll be glad to help look for the ones you're missing.

I just found this one on another trade site. Do you need this one?

2005 Studio Portraits DK Red #40 Mark Grace 47/55 4.00 Diamondbacks
 
gracecollector said:
I have this Frank Thomas...

2005 Studio
SP-35
Studio Portraits White Frame /Color Photo /DK Back #35/60

Do you have any of Mark Grace? I'm at about 32 of them.

If any other collectors want to check for them, I have several listed on my website http://www.baseballcardstars.com on individual player pages.
See, I can keep my eyes open for others, but I need to know which variations you are missing. I found this one on another site (2005 Studio Portraits DK Red #40 Mark Grace (19/55)). Do you need it?
 

Jastermereel

New member
Dec 20, 2008
3,343
bojacksoncollector said:
Jastermereel said:
I can tell you ahead of time I don't have any of the cards you need, but I'm working on the Mariano Rivera set. Do you have any you would part with? I'm only about 1/2 complete, though I do have the /5 version.
I only have one of his: I have the Blue-Color Diamond Kings reverse Ser #48/50. Is this one you need?
It is. What would you be looking to get for it?
 
Jastermereel said:
bojacksoncollector said:
Jastermereel said:
I can tell you ahead of time I don't have any of the cards you need, but I'm working on the Mariano Rivera set. Do you have any you would part with? I'm only about 1/2 complete, though I do have the /5 version.
I only have one of his: I have the Blue-Color Diamond Kings reverse Ser #48/50. Is this one you need?
It is. What would you be looking to get for it?
Got anything similar I can add to my trade bait?
 
gracecollector said:
I have this Frank Thomas...

2005 Studio
SP-35
Studio Portraits White Frame /Color Photo /DK Back #35/60

Do you have any of Mark Grace? I'm at about 32 of them.

If any other collectors want to check for them, I have several listed on my website http://www.baseballcardstars.com on individual player pages.

I really want that card! If you don't want any of the other cards I mentioned, are there any other players you collect or need as trade bait? Thanks
 

Jastermereel

New member
Dec 20, 2008
3,343
bojacksoncollector said:
Jastermereel said:
bojacksoncollector said:
Jastermereel said:
I can tell you ahead of time I don't have any of the cards you need, but I'm working on the Mariano Rivera set. Do you have any you would part with? I'm only about 1/2 complete, though I do have the /5 version.
I only have one of his: I have the Blue-Color Diamond Kings reverse Ser #48/50. Is this one you need?
It is. What would you be looking to get for it?
Got anything similar I can add to my trade bait?
The only Studio Portraits I can immediately put my hands on is a Bob Feller Studio /45. Can you use that?
 
Jastermereel said:
bojacksoncollector said:
Jastermereel said:
bojacksoncollector said:
Jastermereel said:
I can tell you ahead of time I don't have any of the cards you need, but I'm working on the Mariano Rivera set. Do you have any you would part with? I'm only about 1/2 complete, though I do have the /5 version.
I only have one of his: I have the Blue-Color Diamond Kings reverse Ser #48/50. Is this one you need?
It is. What would you be looking to get for it?
Got anything similar I can add to my trade bait?
The only Studio Portraits I can immediately put my hands on is a Bob Feller Studio /45. Can you use that?
Two things.... To help out a fellow player collector, I'll gladly trade for that one, BUT you must promise to let me have first dibs on any Frank Thomas or Bo Jackson cards you acquire (if that's not too much to ask). Make sure to PM me you wish list of Mariano cards for this set and the 2007 Topps M&M (if he was in it). I think it's fun to help others complete their sets. I've only been on this site for 2 days, so I don't know how to post this trade. I'll gladly send 1st. Just PM me your address. This is fun!
 

Jastermereel

New member
Dec 20, 2008
3,343
bojacksoncollector said:
Jastermereel said:
bojacksoncollector said:
Jastermereel said:
bojacksoncollector said:
[quote="Jastermereel":xxxfg8qh]I can tell you ahead of time I don't have any of the cards you need, but I'm working on the Mariano Rivera set. Do you have any you would part with? I'm only about 1/2 complete, though I do have the /5 version.
I only have one of his: I have the Blue-Color Diamond Kings reverse Ser #48/50. Is this one you need?
It is. What would you be looking to get for it?
Got anything similar I can add to my trade bait?
The only Studio Portraits I can immediately put my hands on is a Bob Feller Studio /45. Can you use that?
Two things.... To help out a fellow player collector, I'll gladly trade for that one, BUT you must promise to let me have first dibs on any Frank Thomas or Bo Jackson cards you acquire (if that's not too much to ask). Make sure to PM me you wish list of Mariano cards for this set and the 2007 Topps M&M (if he was in it). I think it's fun to help others complete their sets. I've only been on this site for 2 days, so I don't know how to post this trade. I'll gladly send 1st. Just PM me your address. This is fun![/quote:xxxfg8qh]

Thanks. Sure, I have about 4000 #'d cards, but for whatever reason, not many from this set. No need to send first on such a low $ trade. I'll PM you my info.
 

AndruwHRJones

New member
Aug 9, 2008
1,187
I am at 39/56 for my Andruw Jones set.

Unfortunately I don't pick up any extras, so I wouldn't be of any help, sorry.
 
AndruwHRJones said:
I am at 39/56 for my Andruw Jones set.

Unfortunately I don't pick up any extras, so I wouldn't be of any help, sorry.
Which ones are you missing from this set? If you don't have any trade bait (Bo Jackson or Frank Thomas cards may work also if I need them), maybe we can work out a sale. You can use my first post in this Forum as a guide if you need to. I know I have a few of AJ's cards.
 

AndruwHRJones

New member
Aug 9, 2008
1,187
bojacksoncollector said:
AndruwHRJones said:
I am at 39/56 for my Andruw Jones set.

Unfortunately I don't pick up any extras, so I wouldn't be of any help, sorry.
Which ones are you missing from this set? If you don't have any trade bait (Bo Jackson or Frank Thomas cards may work also if I need them), maybe we can work out a sale. You can use my first post in this Forum as a guide if you need to. I know I have a few of AJ's cards.
This is what I need:

Blue Black & White Certified Materials /25
Sepia Black & White Certified Materials /15
White Black & White Certified Materials /10
Red Color Diamond Kings /55
White Black & White Diamond Kings /30
Blue Black & White Estrellas /20
Sepia Black & White Estrellas /10
White Color Estrellas /10
White Black & White Estrellas /5
Blue Color Leather & Lumber /40
Sepia Color Studio /35
Red Color Throwback Threads /40
Red Black & White Throwback Threads /35
White Color Throwback Threads /30
Red Color Zenith /60
Sepia Color Zenith /45
White Color Zenith /70

Not surprisingly, I need a lot of the short prints. If you have any, pm me. I am sure we can work out a deal.
 

Latest posts

Top