Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Bowman Jumbo Case Break (ongoing...Harper MOJO)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andy88c

Dec 21, 2012
Nashville, TN
Hey guys,

I've been out of the baseball card game by and large for years. I used to post on the Beckett boards as "Andy C." for those who were around almost a decade ago. Bought a few Taylor Guerrieris in the last couple of years, but not much. Decided to get a case of 2012 Bowman and have opened two boxes so far. Hit big already. Will update with the rest of the boxes as they are opened. Scans will be up later tonight.

So far:

Box 1 (Cardinals box):
Carlos Martinez Gold Ref Auto /50
Andrelton Simmons Base Auto
Charlie Tilson Base Auto
Myrio Richard Blue Ref /250
Boone Whiting Ref /500
Base Blues /500: Nick Maronde, Joe Benson
Base Orange /250: Cole Hamels
Silver Ice: Carl Crawford

Box 2:
Clay Holmes Ref Auto /500
Clay Holmes Base Auto
Drew Pomeranz Chrome "RC" Auto (worthless crap but an extra auto)
Brandon Jacobs Base Auto
Base Blues /500: Michael Pineda
Base Orange /250: Ricky Romero
Silver Ice: Matt Szczur, R.A. Dickey
Bryce Harper Ref /500
AND (the next card in the pack)...
Bryce Harper Magenta Printing Plate 1/1

Looks like the BH can fetch a couple hundred bucks on eBay. Not sure what I'm going to do with it. Everything will be available. The Martinez is even better, actually.

Editing other boxes in:

3:
Autos: Greg Bird Ref, Joe Ross, Brad Peacock ("RC")...they only gave me three here (unlike Box 2), even though one wasn't a "real" chrome prospect auto
Refs /500: Dante Bichette, Jr.,
Gold Ref /50: Brandon Jacobs (non-auto)
Base Blues /500: Mark Reynolds, Mike Cuddyer, JT Wise
Base Orange /250: Noah Perio
Silver Ice: Jay Bruce, Philip Wunderlich

4:
Autos: Kes Carter, Kes Carter Blue, Drew Hutchinson Ref, Tyler Collins (got the Blue and the Ref back to back cards...got an extra autograph in this box to make up for last one)
Refs: Jesus Galindo, Emilio King
Blue Ref: Kyle Simon
Base Blues: Joey Bats, Freese
Base Orange: Cutch, Brad Peacock (he haunts me)
Silver Ice: Morneau, Beltre
Red Ice /25: Addison Reed

5:
Autos: Andrew Susac, Andrew Susac Blue, Tommy Joseph Ref, Carlos Martinez (4 again...Joseph Ref/Susac Blue stuck together)
Ref: Ian Gac
Blue Ref: Richard Jones
Base Blues: Kimbrel, Eric Arce, Adam Lind
Base Orange: Zim
Silver Ice: Hambone, Fister
(wouldn't mind a Bogaerts, Cole, or Tavares auto soon...)

6:
Autos: Charlie Tilson Ref, Brandon Drury, Brad Peacock "RC" Gold Ref 1/50
(okay...seriously...haunts me. Would've taken the Gold Ref auto of basically anyone else)
Blue Ref: Josh Bowman
Ref: Joseph Staley
Silver Ice: Taveras (nice...now let's get an auto), Masterson
Blues: Hanley, Jesus Galindo
Orange: Myrio Richard

If any of y'all have younger children, please let me know if you would like some free cards (and their favorite teams/players), as I am going to be giving away a lot of the base Bowman/Golds/etc. I won't be able to ship them till January, so not in time for Christmas, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Welcome Andy

We can tell you have been out of the Hobby for a while, since no one should use the word Mojo ever again :twisted:

And congrats the Harper hits.....I would sell them if your not a fan of his, or even a PC guy.

Last edited:

andy88c

Dec 21, 2012
Nashville, TN
Hahaha what is the new term kids use these days?

BH is one of my favorite players. I'll probably end up selling it and buying an autograph of some sort, though.

andy88c

Dec 21, 2012
Nashville, TN
Well, here's 7 and 8. I'm done complaining about the fake RC autos. I actually quite like them now:

7:
Autos: Anthony Rendon, Eddie Rosario, Nick Maronde (turns out Rendon is the only one of the top four...Taveras, Cole, Hultzen, Bogaerts as the others I ended up pulling)
Ref: David Medina, Levi Michael
Orange: Anibal Sanchez
Blue: Taylor Green, Shane Victorino, Josh Bowman
Silver Ice: Paul Konerko, Kyle Simon
Bowman's Best Ref /99: Matt Dominguez (sweet looking and rare albeit probably valueless card)

8:
Autos: Yu Darvish Blue Refractor 012/250 (missed jersey # by one), Dante Bichette, Jr., Dillon Maples Refractor
Printing Plate: Bowman Julio Rodriguez Cyan (the Harper was for Bowman Chrome)
Blue Ref: Matthew West
Ref: Daniel Norris
Blue: Tulo, Bourn, Boone Whiting
Orange: Nyjer Morgan
Silver Ice: Corey Hart, Granderson

Gotta say the break was pretty darn good. Harper plate, Martinez gold ref auto, and Yu blue ref auto should all sell pretty well. Rodriguez plate and Rendon were very solid pulls, too.

Kinda sucks that the base chromes are fairly worthless, considering # of repeats from other products.

Members online

Latest posts