Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 HOF Class

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Too bad, especially for Braves fans and for convienence, they won't waive the "5 year" rule for either Smoltz or Chipper.

Personally, I don't think Chipper is first ballot worthy but most people do...

And Biggio should be in next year too IMO...

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I lost respect for the HOF many years ago. Also hate the saying "He is a HOFer but not a first ballot" You are either a HOFer or youre not. So stupid.

sorry for the vent. Maddux, Glavine, and Thomas should get in.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I'm with y'all and would say Maddux, Glavin and Thomas are in. Otherwise, nothing else that I'd vote in.

As been already said, you're either a HOFer or you're not... Not sure why someone can chip away at votes year after year.

I'm waiting for "The Rock" and the Biggio honks to start weighing in. I hope neither makes it this year again ;)

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
That article pretty accurately reflects my views, including the mystifying reason Biggio wasn't inducted last year.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I'm with y'all and would say Maddux, Glavin and Thomas are in. Otherwise, nothing else that I'd vote in.

As been already said, you're either a HOFer or you're not... Not sure why someone can chip away at votes year after year.

I'm waiting for "The Rock" and the Biggio honks to start weighing in. I hope neither makes it this year again ;)

---

The only thing I'll say about your "chipping away" argument is that it's not always the worth of the player being voted on, but the inaccuracy of the voters or their bullXXXX personal "feelings". In fact, it can really only be about the writer's personal crap, because nothing about the player changes. For example, there isn't a statistical argument for the exclusion of the PED users, so the fact that they aren't in can ONLY be attributed to the voters' feelings on the players at stake. And before anyone turns this into a morality argument excuse for not voting, please then don't ignore the fact that some of the greatest ballplayers in history are some of the worst humans in baseball history.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
PED rumors. The writers/voters have made it clear they will not vote you in if they think PEDs are involved.

I am just asking in a non-sarcastic way....do you really think Piazza will be effected by PED rumors? When I think of juicers from that era I don't think of Piazza as being one of the ones that come right to the top of my head. I am curious as to what others think.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I would think that Maddux would challenge the highest voting percentage ever for the HOF.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I find it hard thinking that anyone from the PED era will get in. Personally, I would let em in, but it seems like the powers that be just disregard anyone who played during the steroid era.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
So then someone explain Biggio to me. IMO he isn't in then.

---

3000 hits and a really decent 2nd baseman. Who unfortunately didn't play on any great teams. They had a year or two sure.. But no championship. I think that'll be franks hold up as well. In my opinion biggio is a hof just for the 3000 hits alone.

Sent from my iPhone

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I think galavine will have to wait a couple of years. Sam with Schiilling. Both were very vocal about PED testing baseball when they were player representative and Glavine's play in the last baseball strike. The media will not forget how stern they were on their views.

I say Maddux and Thomas get in for 2014.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
3000 hits and a really decent 2nd baseman. Who unfortunately didn't play on any great teams. They had a year or two sure.. But no championship. I think that'll be franks hold up as well. In my opinion biggio is a hof just for the 3000 hits alone.

Sent from my iPhone

Fair enough.

---

Members online

Latest posts