Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2020 Topps x Ben Baller – Los Angeles Dodgers World Series Champion's set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
What is the general thought on this set?

It seems pricy to me, but I am cheap and don't buy the Topps Now stuff. I would like to buy one as a collector, but would be more inclined to pull the trigger at a lower asking price. I could buy one to keep, but keep it sealed and see how the sets do and what people are pulling. I bet basic sets could be found at bargain prices after a while, if people are buying and cracking for potential auto resale.

Assuming the worst, which is how I look at any random unopened product, I would be paying $3 per card, 32 base cards + 1 autograph. It is not clear, but I assume the parallels are only for the single autograph. I figure if the base set has no parallels, then it's maybe a $30 team set max in my brain. If they are randomly inserting parallel sets as well, then that could make opening a box very interesting for some lucky winners. That means $70 for an auto! No chance at a Betts auto, which would have been his first Dodger auto to my knowledge and awesome. Pulling a Koufax would make this set a huge win, but not sure anyone else makes it even worth the purchase price. I would not pay $70 for a signed card of anyone on the Dodgers right now or in this set even, except a Betts or a Koufax.

Base Cards 1 Clayton Kershaw Los Angeles Dodgers® P 2 Walker Buehler Los Angeles Dodgers® P 3 Julio Urias Los Angeles Dodgers® P 4 Tony Gonsolin Los Angeles Dodgers® P RC 5 Dustin May Los Angeles Dodgers® P RC 6 Kenley Jansen Los Angeles Dodgers® P 7 Blake Treinen Los Angeles Dodgers® P 8 Brusdar Graterol Los Angeles Dodgers® P RC 9 Pedro Baez Los Angeles Dodgers® P 10 Joe Kelly Los Angeles Dodgers® P 11 Jake McGee Los Angeles Dodgers® P 12 Dylan Floro Los Angeles Dodgers® P 13 Adam Kolarek Los Angeles Dodgers® P 14 Alex Wood Los Angeles Dodgers® P 15 Will Smith Los Angeles Dodgers® C 16 Austin Barnes Los Angeles Dodgers® C 17 Max Muncy Los Angeles Dodgers® 1B 18 Corey Seager Los Angeles Dodgers® SS 19 Justin Turner Los Angeles Dodgers® 3B 20 Edwin Rios Los Angeles Dodgers® 1B RC 21 Matt Beaty Los Angeles Dodgers® 1B/OF 22 Mookie Betts Los Angeles Dodgers® OF 23 A.J. ******* Los Angeles Dodgers® OF 24 Joc Pederson Los Angeles Dodgers® OF 25 Enrique Hernandez Los Angeles Dodgers® IF/OF 26 Chris Taylor Los Angeles Dodgers® IF/OF 27 Cody Bellinger Los Angeles Dodgers® OF 28 Jackie Robinson Brooklyn Dodgers™ 1B 29 Duke Snider Los Angeles Dodgers® OF 30 Sandy Koufax Los Angeles Dodgers® P 31 Don Sutton Los Angeles Dodgers® P 32 Tommy Lasorda Los Angeles Dodgers® Manager Autograph Parallels Walker Buehler Los Angeles Dodgers® P Julio Urias Los Angeles Dodgers® P Tony Gonsolin Los Angeles Dodgers® P RC Dustin May Los Angeles Dodgers® P RC Blake Treinen Los Angeles Dodgers® P Brusdar Graterol Los Angeles Dodgers® P RC Alex Wood Los Angeles Dodgers® P Will Smith Los Angeles Dodgers® C Austin Barnes Los Angeles Dodgers® C Max Muncy Los Angeles Dodgers® 1B Corey Seager Los Angeles Dodgers® SS Edwin Rios Los Angeles Dodgers® 1B RC Matt Beaty Los Angeles Dodgers® 1B/OF A.J. ******* Los Angeles Dodgers® OF Joc Pederson Los Angeles Dodgers® OF Chris Taylor Los Angeles Dodgers® IF/OF Cody Bellinger Los Angeles Dodgers® OF Sandy Koufax Los Angeles Dodgers® P

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
My guess is that there may be a few sets sold after being opened with just the base cards. If it was a Yankees WS set, I'd buy, but otherwise, I just posted this for any Dodger fans out there.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I was just rereading the list of autos and it didn't connect with me at the time that Kershaw isn't possible either. Turner either. That list is nearly all a who's who of might be's and has been's, added to the guys who have already signed a bunch recently. Don't get me wrong, I love the Dodgers and collect their autographs specifically, but most of those guys could be found for $10 or less with a few exceptions (Koufax, Bellinger, Seager + Buehler & May now, although I got the latter 2 for under $10 as they came up in the system).

I think I am taking a pass. I do appreciate you posting this for me and others who might not have known otherwise though. I am curious to know what others may think about the deal too. Anyone definitely going to grab a set or more? I think I would be a buyer at half that price, with the expectation that I'd probably land a base Treinen auto!! Good luck to anyone who is a buyer. I might look for a set, but doubt I will even bother on that unless it is a screaming deal.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Is it just a repackaged set of the Ben Baller base cards that are already out there for the Dodgers or are these different unique cards? Either way it seems pretty steep for that autograph list but I'm not a Dodgers fan. I can't see myself buying it if it were a Cardinals set missing the major autos.

DavidT1976

Nov 27, 2020
Anyones order update yet? If my calculations are correct, this set should have been shipped today.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
The autographs are selling much better than I would have ever imagined. I literally don't get it??? This has to be an extension of the mysterious spike in price for just about anything in the recent weeks/months. There are going to be some sorry suckers when they realize they are fighting each other and driving prices up on stuff that is going to drop back below their buy prices in many cases.

I just got my baller base set for $27 (plus TAX) delivered. About what I said I figured it was worth at a max. I probably could have gotten a set cheaper, had I waited.

I would like to snag the ******* and Treinen auto, only because they don't have Dodger autos and are the only ones from the checklist that don't yet as far as I know. If either gets one in another offering though, then this set's auto becomes pointless for me.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Here is what they look like, in case anyone is curious and has not run across them or cares to go look it up.

s-l1600.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts