Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2021 MLB Playoff Contest: CLOSED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
@MrMet, @thelesquad, @WCTYSON, @Gwynn545, @clarkzac, @Dazed, @metallicalex777, @dano7, @mrmopar, @deaconblues63, @gt2590, @JVHaste, @banjar, @chippernate, @Letch77

THROUGH OCT 5:

scoring.jpg

standings.jpg

*****PLAYER'S CHOICE ALERT******

UNTIL NOON EASTERN THURSDAY OCT 7TH, EVERYONE MAY ADD ANY ONE HITTER AND ANY ONE STARTING PITCHER NOT IN THE TOP 50 LIST.

THEIR SCORES WILL COUNT FROM THE ALDS/NLDS GOING FORWARD.

HERE'S YOUR CHANCE TO ENHANCE YOUR TEAM OTHER THAN PICKING RANDOM NUMBERS.

PLEASE POST YOUR CHOICE IN THIS THREAD, BUT NO EDITING. THANKS!

Last edited:

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
NOTE: Only raw pitcher Game Scores are shown in the player breakdown, but the 3x multiplier has been factored in the team breakdown.

Last edited:

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
*****PLAYER'S CHOICE ALERT******

UNTIL NOON EASTERN THURSDAY OCT 7TH, EVERYONE MAY ADD ANY ONE HITTER AND ANY ONE PITCHER OF THEIR CHOOSING NOT IN THE TOP 50 LIST.

THEIR SCORES WILL COUNT FROM THE ALDS/NLDS GOING FORWARD.

HERE'S YOUR CHANCE TO ENHANCE YOUR TEAM OTHER THAN PICKING RANDOM NUMBERS.

PLEASE POST YOUR CHOICE IN THIS THREAD, BUT NO EDITING. THANKS!

Is this in addition to the six current players or would they be replacements?

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Today I will cheer for 1 Cardinal and 3 Dodgers:
  • Max Scherzer to pitch a complete game with 12+Ks
  • Nolan Arenado to be the only successful hitter with 2 hits and a HR
  • Trea Turner to hit a cycle
  • Justin Turner to hit a cycle
Have fun watching this post-season everyone!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
^^^ @cjedmonton I don't want to edit my previous post, but I forgot to validate against the Top 50 list. Wander is on there, so that leaves me with Shane. I completely understand if I voided one of my freebies there haha.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
In addition to.

Everyone can have up to 8 players (or 7 if they opted for the 250 point cash out for a reliever).

Thank you for the reply. And one more question for now; for the additional pitching slot can you pick a reliever and default to the 250 point cash out?

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
@metallicalex777

Of course you can pick a replacement for Wander…before the deadline of course!

@WCTYSON

Good question, but no. Not really in the spirit of the game to knowingly pick a reliever with the intent of cashing out instead.

That option was only for those who blindly selected a reliever since they do not earn Game Scores.

Plenty of starting pitchers outside the top 50 though!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
@metallicalex777

@WCTYSON

Good question, but no. Not really in the spirit of the game to knowingly pick a reliever with the intent of cashing out instead.

That option was only for those who blindly selected a reliever since they do not earn Game Scores.

Woohoo, thanks Chris! I will add:
  • Joey Wendle, 3B, Rays

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
@metallicalex777

@WCTYSON

Totally agree and thanks again for the clarification. I’ve already made my short list and feel a lot have a chance to surpass the 250.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Blah…working the next two days I don’t really have time to do a lot of research, I was gonna say Baz cuz everyone else took McClanhan, but now I see Tyson took Baz…oh well….

I’ll take Baz and Nelson Cruz

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
After careful research, and painstaking number crunching I came up with two players I thought would be great for my team.... and it was the same two as @WCTYSON !!!!
I can't have the same players, so I am going with my second choices, which I now believe will do better than my first choices:
Mike Zunino TAM and Charlie Morton ATL

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I will add AJ ******* and Kenley Jansen as my two, putting all my eggs into the Dodger basket. if i am not too late, as i know the game started already. I don't know if ******* has done anything yet...

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
HA! Guess i should have read the post closer. If the Dodgers get eliminated tonight, my picks will have been stupid and avoidable! Oh well, I have confidence in LA!!

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
HA! Guess i should have read the post closer. If the Dodgers get eliminated tonight, my picks will have been stupid and avoidable! Oh well, I have confidence in LA!!

I get the LA enthusiasm…life long Dodger fan as well!

Out of fairness to the others, I’ll have to lock ******* in. But, as per the above comments on relievers, you can replace Jansen with a starting pitcher outside the top 50 list.

The deadline is noon Eastern tomorrow (Oct 7).

Hope this is a reasonable solution!

Members online