Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2021 MLB Playoff Contest: CLOSED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Playoff baseball at its finest! Hats off to the Cards for a great game, but bring on the Giants!

Amazingly, it will be the first ever Dodgers/Giants postseason tilt.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Today I will cheer the Rays, and only the Rays! Also, I have a heart for Mike Zunino and truly hope he gets a WS ring as he is such a deserving Catcher...and I don't even have him on my team!
  • Shane McClanahan to pitch a complete game with 12+Ks
  • Joey Wendle to hit a cycle, or 4 HRs, or multiple triples...just get on base and touch home plate please
Thank you again Chris, tracking different performances during each game REALLY keeps baseball watching alive!!!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
And I wasted a pick by not reading close enough. Jansen is not a starting pitcher, so I am going to assume he doesn't count for my pitcher.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I get the LA enthusiasm…life long Dodger fan as well!

Out of fairness to the others, I’ll have to lock ******* in. But, as per the above comments on relievers, you can replace Jansen with a starting pitcher outside the top 50 list.

The deadline is noon Eastern tomorrow (Oct 7).

Hope this is a reasonable solution!
Yep, that was fair. if only I had logged back in to see and change it. I'm a goofus for not reading the rules close enough. I am a stickler for that kind of thing too...

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Ha! You don't know how right you are!!!

I don't allow myself to goof off on message boards or social media until I'm caught up at work. Unfortunately the time to add had passed when I checked in.

Send me a message, we need to talk about prioritizes.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Time for Freeman and ******* to pay off!

Man, I just noticed that Jansen was top 50 originally, so my pick of him was 2X illegal!

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Something that hadn't ran through my head until now, but NL pitchers don't get the points for their batting if they're in the daily leaders on ESPN, correct? I see you didn't add in hitter points for pitchers on your performance log, so I'll assume pitchers' batting stats don't count. Seems fair so the NL guys don't have an unbalanced advantage.

Last edited:

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Something that hadn't ran through my head until now, but NL pitchers don't get the points for their batting if they're in the daily leaders on ESPN, correct? I see you didn't add in hitter points for pitchers on your performance log, so I'll assume pitcher batting stats don't count. Seems fair so the NL guys don't have an unbalanced advantage.
I was just filling in my team spreadsheet and noticed that Urias had a hit and RBI, putting him on the hitters list so wasn't sure to add his points together or omit the batting points.
Wow, this is a great observation! Urias does show in the hitter scoring with 61.50. Curious to see Chris's validation, but the posted rules are certainly in your favor:

Each player earns points based on their daily performance, as calculated by ESPN Game Score.

Hitter = Daily Game Score
Pitcher = 3x Daily Game Score

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Something that hadn't ran through my head until now, but NL pitchers don't get the points for their batting if they're in the daily leaders on ESPN, correct? I see you didn't add in hitter points for pitchers on your performance log, so I'll assume pitcher batting stats don't count. Seems fair so the NL guys don't have an unbalanced advantage.
I was just filling in my team spreadsheet and noticed that Urias had a hit and RBI, putting him on the hitters list so wasn't sure to add his points together or omit the batting points.

Your assessment is spot on. A starting pitcher only accrues points for pitching.

Apologies for not addressing that in the rules.

Position players/DH = batting game score only
Starting pitchers = pitching game scores only
Relievers earn no points other than the flat 250 point cash out option at the beginning.

Great catch, thanks for pointing this out!

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts