Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2021 Topps Preview image released

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Beckett posted Topps 2021 preview.

First thought was it looks Donruss-y. I don't understand the purple and blue colors with the Angels. I do like the 70th anniversary logo though.

Curious to hear everyone's thoughts?

2021-Topps-Series-1-Baseball-Jo-Adell-1.jpg

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I like how some of the elements are see thru so you get more of the picture where those elements intrude.

I do worry about player safety with those xacto knife blade graphic elements threatening to cut the players in the image.

i hope the topps 70 logo element will be silver foil stamped.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Hoping the print run won’t be ridiculous. I may actually order a case of S1.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Definitely thought of Donruss at first glance. Much, much better than the 2019 design, and I love having full borders back.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
I agree with the purple and blue colors not matching up with team colors. That's kind of odd. Otherwise the cards don't look that bad imo.
I'm wondering if they have some redemptions or other anniversary type ideas like they did in 2011.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
It feels a lot more like Panini than Topps, which is a negative in my mind. Weirdly, I feel like Topps Big League is becoming the set that is more of what Topps flagship should look like.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I have to say I don't hate it but it doesn't look like a base Topps design to me. I didn't like this year's design but it has grown on me. This is even more unfocused and thrown-together-looking. But I'm glad to have full borders back and as usual it'll look sweet in chrome. But I'm going to be floating on a 1972 Heritage high all year so won't bother me.

Members online

Latest posts