Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 Topps Chrome buybacks of Judge & Goldschmidt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
2022 Topps Chrome Judge & Goldschmidt Buybacks
Haven't seen it discussed on here at all and I'm assuming at least some of you have heard about it. For those that haven't, you can trade in your 2022 Topps Chrome Aaron Judge and Paul Goldschmidt cards to a participating store for store credit. Base start at $20 and it goes up from there depending on the parallel you have. Or, if you wanted to sell it, I've seen the regular base selling for between $15-$20. It goes until sometime next March when the cards will likely fall back to earth.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
The buyback program certainly went well for me.

I think most of us would agree that 2022 Topps Chrome had many, many problems. But I like Topps Chrome and as a Tigers fan was hoping that Torkelson was going to be included. Well, we know how that worked out. Anyway, not wanting to pay hobby box prices for the slim chance of hitting something other than a relief pitcher auto, I ordered Lite boxes from Topps. But I couldn't wait. So I also grabbed several blasters from Target, Walmart, etc. And in an uncommon show of restraint, I didn't rip everything all at once and by the time I got to busting most of my boxes the MVP redemption was well in progress and hobby prices had tanked so I caved and bought one from Blowout. Out of the Lite boxes came a pile of Wander inserts but more importantly several Judge and Goldschmidt cards including base refractors. Nothing special from the hobby box and no SSPs from the silver pack but of course more Judge and Goldschmidt.

Then this from a blaster, Walmart I think, plus more Judge and Goldschmidt.
Torkelson - 2022 Topps Chrome Auto.jpg
I trade in some of the MVP redemption cards for a Hobby box to take one more shot at hitting a Julio. No luck on Julio but I did just fine hitting this.
Wander Franco - 2022 Topps Chrome Auto.jpg
As March wound down, I traded in the last of my MVP cards. I skipped out on Topps Chrome but still wanting the gamble I used the credit on a mini box of 2022 Bowman's Best. First auto pulled was a Daniel Vasquez base auto. Not a good start. 2nd auto however was much better.
Bobby Witt - 2022 Bowman's Best Gold Lava Auto.jpg
Just a crazy run from Topps Chrome combined with a buyback program to prop up the product. I'd like to think chrome in 2023 will be executed better but even so I know it's highly likely my results will be worse. That said, I already know I will be chasing Riley Greene cards.