Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 Topps Series 1…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
With less than two weeks to go before 2022 Topps Series 1 releases, I thought this might be helpful.

A “Platinum” 1/1 parallel seems to be the only announced new version.

Personally, I really like the base card design…384C38B3-FBE6-483F-ABA2-A11EEB27624A.jpeg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
They've had Platinum 1/1's in Topps for years, looks like maybe they took a break in 2021 for some reason. Nice to see they didn't add anything else, though.

12toppsupdateplatinum.jpg

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
2022 Topps series 1 checklist:

My ramblings:
I like the base cards. Way better than last year. Not a fan of the Flashiest Feet insert. As expected most of the higher end auto's are /10 or less. The odds will be huge to pull one of them. As they should be to keep pricing somewhat reasonable. I like the Oversized 1987 Topps Future Stars box toppers. I will probably get a Jumbo and a Hobby box then hopefully find a few blasters. I try to build three sets each of series 1, 2 & Update.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Sneaker cards have been big in basketball for years. This is just a baseball version, though it's a little less impactful because people don't wear cleats walking around on a daily basis and it's hard to see a baseball player's shoes in the field.
s-l1600.jpg

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
While I’m not a fan of those shoe related cards myself, I can’t deny shoes are BIG business and many people spend loads of money on them. There’s so many designers making them and all the emphasis on the leagues letting athletes wear their designs for charities/causes here and there makes sense for cards to show them now…. I’ve just never been a big shoe guy either, so those that are likely approve of having these sorts of cards…

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
While I’m not a fan of those shoe related cards myself, I can’t deny shoes are BIG business and many people spend loads of money on them. There’s so many designers making them and all the emphasis on the leagues letting athletes wear their designs for charities/causes here and there makes sense for cards to show them now…. I’ve just never been a big shoe guy either, so those that are likely approve of having these sorts of cards…

EX-actly!

The old guys like me won't understand it, but the young'uns will actually be really into them.

They might even sell REALLY well out of the box, so monitor the prices soon after release and depending on the scarcity, I haven't seen the odds, sell them early...

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
If it had a relic of the shoe pictured on the card, it wouldn’t be too bad. Just another lazy idea from Topps. While it will probably do well in the aftermarket as others have said, I myself will avoid them.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
If it had a relic of the shoe pictured on the card, it wouldn’t be too bad. Just another lazy idea from Topps. While it will probably do well in the aftermarket as others have said, I myself will avoid them.

I’m with you on the ‘relic’ adding to the card and I can get behind that more than just having an image. I’ve seen cleat pieces being added which is cool and I’ve got several shoe relic cards of Puckett from the mid 2000 DLP lines that are cool too.