- Nov 21, 2008
Really enjoying reading everyone's goals. Thanks for sharing them.
Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.
1. Enjoy what I already have instead of craving what I don't.
2. Sell cards that don't fit in my collection goals. I mainly collect complete sets in binders, autographs, old Yankees and I have a few small player collections. All of the thousands of random star cards and commons I've accumlulated over the years need to go, especially since I might be moving in a few months.
3. Enjoy what I already have instead of craving what I don't.
4. Finally finish the 1958 Topps set.
5. Enjoy what I already have instead of craving what I don't.
Nice progress! I checked to see if Erstad was in this. He is not. If he was, I am certain I'd have doubles of nearly every non 1/1.So many goals but I am going to stick to my yearly main goal of trying to fill out and complete all of the serial numbered cards from the 2006 Topps Finest Set
White Frame Refractor #'d 1/1: 35 of 155 collected
White Frame XFractor #'d 1/1: 34 of 155 collected
Gold Xfractor #'d /10: 12 of 155 collected
Black XFractor #'d /25: 42 of 155 collected
Gold Refractor #'d /49: 37 of 155 collected
Green Xfractor #'d /50: 22 of 155 collected
Black Refractor #'d /99: 68 of 155 collected
Blue XFractor #'d /150: 36 of 155 collected
Green Refractor #'d /199: 95 of 155 collected
Xfractor #'d /250: 96 of 155 collected
Blue Refractor #'d /299: 87 of 155 collected
Refractor #'d /399: 151 of 155 collected
Obviously, I am still on the uphill slope of this venture but the fun is in the searching and building.
As a side goal I will work on completing the 2000 Pacific Parmount Premiere Date /50 set. I am currently sitting at 116 cards out of 250.
Looks like I do have that one.Thanks! I have an extra Erstad 2000 Paramount Premiere Date /50 if you want it and do not already have it.
Pretty much the same for me...
1) Continue filling in the gaps in the ol' collection.
Land a white whale. Land two white whales!
3) Continue NOT buying new issues.
You are doing the hobby god's work and are appreciated for it!I had a realization recently that my actual hobby is data entry. I compile trading card checklists to post to TCDB. I research my family to plug the data into software and websites. I research wrestling to post the results on forums and websites. It all boils down to gathering information to populate some database somewhere.
So my main hobby goal is just to clear the backlog of missing BBM and Epoch sets from 2007-2022 over at TCDB and to start posting the various B.League, J.League, volleyball, horse racing and whatever other Japanese sets I can track down to add to TCDB's database.