Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

'23 Topps design released...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
First design I've really liked since 2013. I was wondering if they'd echo the 1963 design again like they did in 83 and 03, and it is there, kinda, with the small portrait in the corner below a full action shot. I like the logo and the legible font choices.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
As a Topps collector, I like the mirroring of the 1963, 1983, and 2003 designs with the smaller player. The bottom element reminds me of an info bubble during an ESPN broadcast or sports center.

However, I don't like the execution and I also find it sloppy for a few reasons
1. They made the team logo too big. The Oriole's eyes are larger than the player's and detracts from the surrounding design elements.
2. Team name is cut off, goes behind the player's face. They could have incorporated it better. Either directly above/underneath the player's name.
3. Too many competing elements on the bottom, one eyes are pulled in too many directions. The position font should be smaller than the player's name.
4. If the player is wearing a cap with the logo already on there, the large logo next to it becomes redundant. Perhaps having an action shot, facsimile autograph, or stadium shot to fill that space would work better.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Well, with 20,000 parallel versions, everyone's bound to like something. ;) It does look a little busy, but I like the plain white border (throwback to 93 perhaps?). Now if they can just keep them centered...

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
As a Topps collector, I like the mirroring of the 1963, 1983, and 2003 designs with the smaller player. The bottom element reminds me of an info bubble during an ESPN broadcast or sports center.

However, I don't like the execution and I also find it sloppy for a few reasons
1. They made the team logo too big. The Oriole's eyes are larger than the player's and detracts from the surrounding design elements.
2. Team name is cut off, goes behind the player's face. They could have incorporated it better. Either directly above/underneath the player's name.
3. Too many competing elements on the bottom, one eyes are pulled in too many directions. The position font should be smaller than the player's name.
4. If the player is wearing a cap with the logo already on there, the large logo next to it becomes redundant. Perhaps having an action shot, facsimile autograph, or stadium shot to fill that space would work better.
I agree with all of that. Nice idea and the homage to 1963, 1983 and 2003 is great, but the bottom is too busy, the team name is cut off and the logo is too big and distracting. At least it’s not boring like most Topps designs of the past ten years.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
The Orioles bird eyes are distracting. Would like to see a different team logo to see if that is what is turning me off about this card.

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
The Orioles bird eyes are distracting. Would like to see a different team logo to see if that is what is turning me off about this card.
Same here. There had to be another way to incorporate the team mascot better than that. As is, looks like a poor cropping job.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
Very meh. It reminds me of the Topps sticker designs from 2017 & 18. And I would like something other than the white borders for a change.

Members online