Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

$40 PayPal for a $60 sale plus discount code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EtherealSOC

Dec 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Hi all, I have a proposition for someone who still lists cards on COMC:

I have $60 remaining in store credit. Since it will take me who knows how long to get my cards if I use that credit and have a card added to my inventory, I’d rather buy YOUR card so you get the COMC sale credit.

All you have to do is take your lowest value card and set the price at $60. Send me $45 in PayPal and I’ll purchase your card for $60. I lose a chunk of my COMC balance but this is the quickest way to get something for my COMC balance.

You might suggest I just cash out my store credit with COMC but I already tried that. They messed it up and the funds were in limbo for a month and a half. I don’t want to give them a second chance.

In addition, if you are in need of a superior freight forwarding service, especially if you’re like me and want a US address for your purchases, look up GET IT SHIPPED INTERNATIONAL. I have so much faith in GIS that I requested a personalized promo code that gives you 50% off their VIP services. Use code CLAIRMONT and you’ll be glad you did.

Obviously this is just a one-time deal. I just need this once and if you can help please send a PM. I’ll update this post when I find a taker. However anyone can use the promo code.

If this request seens shady I assure you it’s 100% above board. In 20 years on eBay I’ve got perfect feedback on over 2,000 transactions as both buyer and seller.

Attachments

• 47529105-6F65-48F2-B34F-B7DCB3554754.jpeg
    47529105-6F65-48F2-B34F-B7DCB3554754.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 19

EtherealSOC

Dec 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
I wasn't being nice. It all sounds like a scam.

I’m sorry you feel that way.

The bottom line is I’m willing to pay $15 to never deal with COMC again. I requested shipment at the start of April and it isn’t even marked to be shipped until the end of July. But they’re almost half a million shipments behind right now, so I doubt they’ll ship it by then. I’ll be lucky if I see my cards in a year, or at all.

My store credit is essentially worthless if it takes that long to get my cards. If someone has more patience or no immediate plans to get their cards they’ll profit.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I am late to the party, but despite my very vocal displeasure of COMC in the last several months, I still have cards I need delivered, so i have to deal with them at least once more.

I decided that since COMC is the true villain here, not the sellers, I may buy a few more cheapies before I prepare for that final shipment request. That deal sounded good to me, but even if I had been here in time, I had nothing I could sell to make it happen. Glad you got out though.

I still have hopes they will recover, but I wouldn't bet on it. It's hard to beat the ability to buy cheap cards on the spot and not go broke with shipping, which is why it is so hard to see this company, who is the clear leader in this concept, drop the ball so massively.

EtherealSOC

Dec 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
I still have hopes they will recover, but I wouldn't bet on it. It's hard to beat the ability to buy cheap cards on the spot and not go broke with shipping, which is why it is so hard to see this company, who is the clear leader in this concept, drop the ball so massively.

I hope they do turn it around but I suspect they won't. And their decline? You nailed it. From my perspectives they went from being one of the best parts of this hobby to the absolute worst in about 12 months. Right about the time they stopped offering customer service over the phone everything went to crap. It's really sad since they once had so much to offer.

Members online

Latest posts