Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

5 Case (2 Jumbo, 3 Hobby) Parallel Breakdown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wes

OG
Administrator
Just finished up my break.

(2) Red Ref Prospects
(3) Futures Game GU
(2) Plates
(18) Strasburg Chromes

Parallels
(6) Orange Refs
(3) Gold Refs
(17) Blue Refs
(47) Prospect Refs

Autos - 99 total out of 84 Advertised
(5) Blue Ref RC Autos
(8) Ref RC Autos
(16) RC Autos
(8) Blue Ref Prospect Autos
(21) Ref Prospect Autos
(41) Prospect Autos

USA
(16) USA Blue Refs
(5) Harper Chromes
(42) USA Refs

Thoughts overall? Very disappointed to not get a single gold or better auto in five cases, especially after the same in 2008 BDP (also five cases). It was also disappointing to not get a Strasburg parallel or auto.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Seems like they really stack some cases and really screw you with others. I'm sure there is a large middle ground, but it's hard to fathom how some cases can yield superfractors and red refractor autos while others get nothing but low end hits.

I've mentioned it before but my 09 draft case had no auto parallels better than base refractor, which I still find astonishing.

Strasburg lot should bring in a couple hundred bucks for you.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I'd love to see rough breakdowns of how many base/chrome of each player you got if you have sorted yet. Looking to see how many to expect out of 4 jumbos

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
If its any consolation, you pulled as many Harper Chromes in 5 cases as I did in 12 jumbo cases. Of course I also pulled as many refractors of Harper as I did Chromes...so that was a nice trade-off.

You also did much better on Orange Refs. I believe I only pulled 4 Orange Refs out of 12 jumbos, whereas I should have pulled 9 I think. I did pull 28 Gold Refractors...so that worked out nicely, but I got Golds instead of Orange...not a good trade.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
WOW.... 5 cases and you only got 3 Bryce Harper Chromes?

I guess my 9 boxes werent so bad afterall.... got 3 Harper chromes and 2 Strasburg chromes.

Wes

OG
Administrator
BowmanChromeAddict said:
If its any consolation, you pulled as many Harper Chromes in 5 cases as I did in 12 jumbo cases. Of course I also pulled as many refractors of Harper as I did Chromes...so that was a nice trade-off.

You also did much better on Orange Refs. I believe I only pulled 4 Orange Refs out of 12 jumbos, whereas I should have pulled 9 I think. I did pull 28 Gold Refractors...so that worked out nicely, but I got Golds instead of Orange...not a good trade.

Added two Harpers and three Strasburgs after going through the rogue pile.

Your golds killed it, my oranges were all crap except for Hak-Ju Lee.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Stacking some cases and putting nothing in others is a good tactic from a marketing standpoint as it really plays up the buyer and keeps him/her on edge. Its not nearly as exciting a break if you knew exactly what you were going to get...if this were the case, Topps would just sell singles on eBay and not distribute via packs/boxes/cases at all.

Basically, its just another way of creating anticipation and hype. I'm sure there are psychologists here who could explain it better.

ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Seems like they really stack some cases and really screw you with others. I'm sure there is a large middle ground, but it's hard to fathom how some cases can yield superfractors and red refractor autos while others get nothing but low end hits.

I've mentioned it before but my 09 draft case had no auto parallels better than base refractor, which I still find astonishing.

Strasburg lot should bring in a couple hundred bucks for you.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Thanks for the numbers and very interesting breakdown.

I opened 2 jumbo cases and 1 hobby case.

I didn't get a single chrome Harper in the jumbo cases, but got 4 in my hobby case ( I did get a blue refractor harper in the jumbo case, though).

I didn't get a single orange refractor base parallel in all three cases, and got six gold chrome refractor base parallels.

I was showered with color, though, amongst my bowman chrome autographs- 2 oranges, and 6 gold autographs, with THREE gold autographs in one jumbo case, I think my best yield EVER - plus i got a stras refractor and two ackley base chrome refractors from that case as well as 5 strasburg chromes- thank goodness I opened the case I was supposed to keep sealed.

Also 1 super and 1 bowman red 1/1 and 1 plate auto as well, 1 in each case.

Very happy with my breaks overall.

Oh, and plus a Stras auto to boot, and yes, it was in that "hot" case.

Latest posts