Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

any idea why my my auction did poorly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
this is how I would've titled it - the best way to title your auctions is to look for the listings that ended highest

[ebay:ffbru9di]110667171698[/ebay:ffbru9di]

plus ending early evening on a Wednesday didn't do you any favors

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
The picture isn't the best ever. But it's not that bad. Maybe (just throwing out ideas), it's because you put autograph instead of auto. I usually put both in mine if I can just to pick up the people that might search the full word.

It could just be random. :|

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
nborton said:
The picture isn't the best ever. But it's not that bad. Maybe (just throwing out ideas), it's because you put autograph instead of auto. I usually put both in mine if I can just to pick up the people that might search the full word.

you don't have to do that. people who search for "autograph" will get the listings with "auto"

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid ... Categories

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
thanks guys, just had to vent a little, not much $ but still bothers me when i make a mistake.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
chashawk said:
nborton said:

you don't have to do that. people who search for "autograph" will get the listings with "auto"

Interesting. I guess I was still doing it the old school way before ebay got all fancy on us. :lol:

I guess there's little reason for me to search auto* anymore then either.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
nborton said:
chashawk said:
nborton said:

Interesting. I guess I was still doing it the old school way before ebay got all fancy on us. :lol:

nope, you still have to do that for the sake of brevity in longer searches... :lol:

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
Poor picture for starters. Your item description is extremely weak. No mention of condition, no card number, no mention of how the item is shipped (bubble mailer, top loader, etc.) or when shipped, no mention of return policy, no mention on if the card pictured is the actual card (versus stock photo), no image in the description. Good feedback but your listing looks amateurish.

Here is how I list my stuff.
[ebay:3o5uhnjo]250797493553[/ebay:3o5uhnjo]

Very clean image and ample discussion in the description. My description is stored in a Turbolister template so only minor tweaks are needed when I list new stuff.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
chashawk said:
nborton said:
chashawk said:
nborton said:

nope, you still have to do that for the sake of brevity in longer searches... :lol:

:lol: oh well. It's a good way to find misspelled deals with guys that have unusual names. Type the first three letters, and thow in the * and you can almost always find something misspelled.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts