Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone ever run/promote a small card show?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
For some reason, theres hasnt been a card show of any size near me for years.

For a while, Ive been thinking about running a small one (30 tables. maybe a little less), to start (no auto guests).

Has anyone here actually run or promoted a show, especially a small one?

Any points or tips would be appreciated.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
30 tables in my area is a HUGE show
First of all you need to find out rental info
then split it 30 ways plus a few bucks for promotions
and etc

Jul 30, 2009
Customer has a friend who I believe runs the local community center in the Bronx which is near to Yonkers, White Plains, NYC and Queens.

Its in the very....VERY...early stages but would like to get some input from you guys.

So far, addmission would be a buck for adults (free for kids) and everyone would get some sort of Jeter card.

Hourly door prizes and snacks would probably be up to the center.

More than likely, it will have to be on a Saturday.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
You have a shop - any promotions you do should be to drive peeps there, not away from there!

JMHO

Jul 30, 2009
allstars said:
You have a shop - any promotions you do should be to drive peeps there, not away from there!

JMHO

The show would be 3 blocks from my store and would be heavily promoted locally as well as an area 20 mins from the store at the white plains show (one of the biggest/longest running in the nation).

Flyers promting my store whould obviously be at the show, along with a banner.
Since there hasnt been a show in my area in years and years (maybe 3-4 in last decade), I would expect many locals, semi locals, short trippers, etc would have interest in attending a show. Hopefully, they would see my flyers/banner and stop by the store.

Its not drawing (new) peeps away from my store, its driving them to the show and hopefully to my store.

One of my top 3 customers found my store through a flyer I placed at a local show back in 1998.

Members online

Latest posts