Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

April 2021 - New Arrivals Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Hall of Fame RCs for $5 each? Sure thing. The second one has a soft corner but it happens.
2001 Upper Deck Ichiro.jpg 2001 Upper Deck Ichiro 2.jpg

Weird custom Ginter set variation? Sure why not. This one finished up my 2008 Munnatawket Bat Company Ginter Miniatures Tribute set.

2008 Roddster Hudson Variation.jpg2008 Roddster Hudson Variation Back.jpg

And one more small piece for the Reyes RC collection

2017 Ginter Black Border Mini.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
041521.jpg
I was surprised I won the Topps Black Kaprielian RC for about $5 shipped, it's been pretty tough to win new Topps Black cards in that range the last few years. I don't really care much about "paper" Bowman Reds/5, I like the Red Refractors, but I put in a lowball bid on the Luzardo and was shocked to win it for six bucks shipped. The Puk auto also went for less than I expected, below $6 shipped...not that he's done anything special (injured again) but the '86 autos were selling pretty well when the product was new. I thought the black and white Big League card fit well with Daniel Mengden's mustache.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
041621.jpg
The Cahill 2010 Triple Threads Sapphire 04/10 goes along with my /99, /75, /50, and /25 versions of the same card...I don't have any of the 1/1's, though (Platinum, Wood, White Whale Printing Plate).

10ttriple.jpg 10ttriplesepia.jpg 10ttripleemerald.jpg 10ttriplegold.jpg

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I got a couple more pieces for the Reyes collection. The blue refractor is /150. I love the Archives '82 Topps design too.

2017 Topps All Star Game.jpg 2017 Topps Chrome Blue Refractor.jpg 2017 Topps Archives.jpg

Just a little sample of the 90s goodness that showed up today, including some Bagwells for my PC. I didn't realize the McGwire Pizzazz was the Gold Medallion till I had it in hand.

1995 Leaf Knothole Gang Jeff Bagwell.jpg Bagwell Slugfest.jpg1998 Stadium Club Royal Court Jeff Bagwell.jpg

1995 Zenith All Star Salute Griffey.jpgMaddux Pacific Foil.jpg 1997 Bowmans Best Andruw Jones Refractor.jpg McGwire Pizazz Gold.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
041721.jpg
I couldn't pass up that Project 70 McGwire that was such a combination of goofy and awesome. Ray Fosse played for the A's for a few years but more importantly has been a radio/TV broadcaster for the team for the last 35 years so he's a big part of my childhood A's memories. This tough card from 2021 Opening Day is his first certified A's autograph and I don't mind that it's not in an actual A's uniform since broadcasting is where I know of him from. His only previous certified auto was in 2018 Fan Favorites with the Indians. The Sonny Gray auto 30/99 out of 2016 Topps Chrome is ridiculous, they used way too dark of a blue and you can hardly see anything in hand. The Orange/25 version is better:

16tctlautoorange.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
042021.jpg
Three more for my signed 1988 Topps set, this puts me at 45 remaining. Morris and Lacy were from eBay, Palmer was through PastPros. The Lacy is a bit out of focus, which is annoying, but at least it was only $2. The Morris was actually part of a wooden plaque thing that also had an unsigned picture, I took the card out and junked the rest. Have to start getting creative to make progress on this set!

I've got three more "incoming" however one is sitting in my COMC inventory so that will take forever...another is through PastPros but it's international so it might be a bit...and the third and best one I'm not too sure on because it's been a couple of weeks and there's no tracking info in eBay and the seller has a couple of recent bad feedbacks for not sending.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Nice varied mail day today

It wasn't intended but I ended up with a bunch of acetate cards in the mail today.

I really just bought this lot for the Waino Rookie Auto but the cards are so nice I think I'll build the set

2006 Upper Deck Future Stars Rookie Autos
2006 Upper Deck Future Stars Autos Adam Wainwright.jpg 2006 Upper Deck Future Stars Autos Howie Kendrick.jpg 2006 Upper Deck Future Stars Autos Jon Lester.jpg

I bought a starter set of 1996 Leaf Steel too that came in today. I love these oddball sets. They look so much better without that stupid film.

1996 Leaf Steel Chipper Jones Unpeeled.jpg #33 Chipper Jones.jpg

1998 SPx Radiance /4,500 - Beautiful parallel and I don't think it'll be too hard to build given the print run.

#72 Frank Thomas.jpg

1996 Pinnacle Essence of the Game - These are kind of overshadowed by the Skylines set from the same year but I think they're just as awesome.

1996 Pinnacle Essence of the Game Mo Vaughn.jpg

Donruss Leaf made some awesome looking acetate cards too. I always liked these.

Donruss Hit Parade Puckett.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
View attachment 123238
Three more for my signed 1988 Topps set, this puts me at 45 remaining. Morris and Lacy were from eBay, Palmer was through PastPros. The Lacy is a bit out of focus, which is annoying, but at least it was only $2. The Morris was actually part of a wooden plaque thing that also had an unsigned picture, I took the card out and junked the rest. Have to start getting creative to make progress on this set!

I've got three more "incoming" however one is sitting in my COMC inventory so that will take forever...another is through PastPros but it's international so it might be a bit...and the third and best one I'm not too sure on because it's been a couple of weeks and there's no tracking info in eBay and the seller has a couple of recent bad feedbacks for not sending

View attachment 123148
I was surprised I won the Topps Black Kaprielian RC for about $5 shipped, it's been pretty tough to win new Topps Black cards in that range the last few years. I don't really care much about "paper" Bowman Reds/5, I like the Red Refractors, but I put in a lowball bid on the Luzardo and was shocked to win it for six bucks shipped. The Puk auto also went for less than I expected, below $6 shipped...not that he's done anything special (injured again) but the '86 autos were selling pretty well when the product was new. I thought the black and white Big League card fit well with Daniel Mengden's mustache.
Do you know if Mike Fiers has a card with that epic monkey tail moustache he sported? that is an auto card I could get behind, although he is not on my wantlist otherwise.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Do you know if Mike Fiers has a card with that epic monkey tail moustache he sported? that is an auto card I could get behind, although he is not on my wantlist otherwise.

I don't believe I have ever seen one. They definitely should have made a Topps Now card for that, but as far as I can tell his only Topps Now card is for the more common achievement of throwing a no-hitter (plus team set cards that don't have a picture of that). Also seems like a no-brainer to include that as an image variation SP in base Topps, they dropped the ball there. Since it happened in 2019 I'm guessing a card will never be made at this point.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
042221.jpg
It's a rare day when I get TWO Trent Dilfer cards. The Select auto is 03/10. The Lewis/Dilfer Contenders Optic card is 75/99, these have been selling a little higher than I would have thought and I don't know if it's because Ray Lewis has a lot of fans, some kind of Optic Prism hotness, or just the overall market being wacky. Still not selling too high for me to grab them obviously, I've got another version on the way as well. The Holliday puts me one card short of the 2009 Finest Red Refractor/25 team set.

Last edited:

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Not much in the mail today but what is there is nice.

This one finishes up my Bagwell PSA RC run, at least until I can find a PSA10 Studio for sale that I can afford. There are only 16 PSA10s and 97 PSA9s so I'm happy with a 9 for now.
1991 Studio PSA9.jpg

Cardinals stuff:
1947-1966 Exhibits Stan Musial.jpg

1947-1966 Exhibits Stan Musial- I'll be honest. I don't know enough about these exhibits to know if this one is legit or not. In hand something feels off (the stock is very heavy) but I paid less than $10 for it so it's okay either way.

1974 TCMA Exhibit Marty Marion Auto.jpg

1974 TCMA League Leaders Exhibits Auto'd - This one is legit. I bought this for less than $10 too.

2001 Topps Adam Wainwright.jpg 2006 Upper Deck Future Stars Autos Adam Wainwright.jpg

Tier One Relic Adam Wainwright.jpg

Won this Waino lot in a Facebook auction group. Never hurts to have doubles I guess. I won the eBay auction for the previous Future Stars Auto lot and this lot within an hour of each other lol.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
042321.jpg
The Gossage technically completes my 2005 Pristine Legends Refractors/549 team set, but I'm still hunting for a college-uniform Walt Weiss card. Jay Marshall puts me one away from the 2007 Topps Chrome Red Refractors/99 team set. I still need a couple of McGwires for 1995 UC3 Artist's Proofs, but a Rickey is a great pickup. For the Topps Blacks the 2005 Hudson leaves me one short of completing his player run, Chavez 2011 Update leaves me 2 short for him, and Xavier Nady 2010 Update completes his 11-card Topps Black run.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
My earlier post was actually yesterday's late mail, here's what came in today:

042421.jpg
The Canseco Prized Collection finishes off the Donruss portion of that team set...still need one Leaf, one Elite, and almost all of the Preferred cards. The Giambi 1999 Red Label 008/100 finishes off the Class 1 team set of 4 cards, still need three Class 2's and all the Class 3's. The 2011 Topps Update Cognac Frank Thomas "SP" finishes the base & update Cognac team set. The 1999 Black Diamond Quads/150 were my pickups from the recent set break on eBay...still missing 2 from the team set that I didn't quite bid high enough to win.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Today's mail:

042621-1.jpg
The Dilfer/Lewis card is 08/50, Dilfer's uniform number with the Ravens. I have a soft spot for framed printing plates and older printing plates with the Topps hologram sticker, and this Bobby Crosby out of 2006 Turkey Red fits both bills. The Rickey is pretty beat to death on the back corners but it doesn't bug me too much. Nice to pick up a tough '90s Canseco parallel and was shocked the 1997 Fleer Tiffany sold for less than $12. Not an easy set, I still need 6 more to complete the team set. Eck is a 1990 Leaf Preview card. Cobb completes my 2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary team set much like the Frank Thomas Cognac from a few days ago.

042621-2.jpg
And another nice addition to my signed 1988 Topps set.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
042721.jpg
The 1997 Fractal Matrix McGwire completes the team set, still need two die-cuts. The 1997 Fleer Decade of Excellence McGwire isn't rare but at one per hobby box for a 12-card set it isn't super duper easy. And I finally found a 2021 Topps Postseason Performance auto/bat Marcus Semien for a reasonable price to complete the 7-card team set: Matt Olson relic/99, Sean Murphy relic/99, auto/30, auto/relic/30, and Marcus Semien relic/99, auto/30, and auto/relic/30.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts