Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are any other eBay sellers here still experiencing slow mail delivery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
I'm in Illinois and packages being sent to and coming from states out west like California and Utah seem to be flowing much faster than packages being sent to and coming from Eastern/Northeastern states like New York and Maryland. Packages being mailed to and coming from states in the Southeast like Alabama and Georgia seem to be moving especially slow. A package I mailed with a destination to Maryland was last scanned in Iowa of all places on December 14th but the tracking info hasn't been updated since then. 2 packages that I mailed to California and Utah only 5 days ago were already delivered earlier today. We can only hope that the hubs heading East and in the Southeast are that backed up and that packages haven't been lost or stolen. I'm trying to insure as many packages as I can but usually don't insure items under $20.

Last edited:

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I won a card from someone in California on the 4th.. he sent it on the 12th and was suppose to be here dec. the 16th. now its Jan the 4th and still nothing (oh I live in south Jersey)

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
I won a card from someone in California on the 4th.. he sent it on the 12th and was suppose to be here dec. the 16th. now its Jan the 4th and still nothing (oh I live in south Jersey)

I guess it depends then but for me, packages that I sent out west have been getting there a lot quicker.

I wonder how eBay is going to handle the situation though because I'm sure that a lot of packages are late in getting to their destinations. I just had a buyer open up an "item not received" case against me though I explained the situation to him. Does anyone know how many cases for items not received etc a seller can have before being suspended? You would think that eBay would understand but they do seem to have a lot of foreigners manning the customer service lines these days that don't seem to have a clue about what's going on.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
Are other people here still experiencing slow mail delivery though it's a week after the New Year now? I still have 4 packages stuck somewhere if not stolen from the middle of December. Then I have one with a destination to a military base in Oregon that was last scanned on December 24th in Portland, Oregon with no info since then.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
Not an Ebay item. But, I had a prescription refill from the VA filled on Dec. 23. I just got it yesterday. It was stuck in Atlanta for a week. Now I have to drive thru Boston to the VA to pick them up instead of waiting. Boston traffic is a bitch.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
all my ebay goes to Greensboro sat there ten days then several out same day -----if i drive 10 miles items in couple days - goes different hub . i just got some voting info yesterday LOL . I had one mailers went around Tulsa OK stopping at FIVE places

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
Not an Ebay item. But, I had a prescription refill from the VA filled on Dec. 23. I just got it yesterday. It was stuck in Atlanta for a week. Now I have to drive thru Boston to the VA to pick them up instead of waiting. Boston traffic is a bitch.

Wow, I hope that prescription isn't for a serious medical condition. That's ridiculous.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
The prescription came late yesterday. If I leave my house after 10:00am. It isn't so bad. People drive like sh*t and they are mean. They try to cause accidents. Its' like go ahead, hit me.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
The prescription came late yesterday. If I leave my house after 10:00am. It isn't so bad. People drive like sh*t and they are mean. They try to cause accidents. Its' like go ahead, hit me.

Yeah, there's a lot of crazy/angry people on the road lately, that's for sure, likely because of what's going on politically right now. Be careful out there.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Boston has always been like that. People from New Hampshire call us Massholes.

People from Rhode Island do too!

I had three items delivered today that were all shipped in the last week, but I'm still waiting on an item purchased 12/10. On my mail route yesterday, I delivered several packages that shipped in late November; most of them were packages that FedEx or UPS dumped on the the USPS when everything was starting to fall apart. That's what you get when you pay for the cheapest shipping!

Members online

Latest posts