Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Aughost NC

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Its been a spooky August so far, so I thought I'd start a Night Crew again...

Not hyped enough for NC yet? This promo will get you in the mood.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
A timeline of when I was gone...

...first I took a little break
...then I was a bit busy
...then I came on here and nothing worked. :cautious: (maybe reformatting?)
...then I came on and here and it looks like East Berlin . . . aka looked like sht and nobody was here.

finally, I saw the headline

Porcello's 150th win supported by strong 'D'

and thought to myself "who did I used to make phallic FredFred references to, and why is mlb.com stealing from me?"

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Oh, and when I saw the news about Reese Mcguire's "touch crime" I needed to get the scoop on the real story.

PS, who has some Reese Mcguire cards ft? :whistle:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I guess I have to go with the 9-3 Coloradoooooo Rockies...

How you been lately?
A close enough score. I was wondering what would happen in the 9th if the Super Kyle Bros made it to the plate, but they fell 1 batter short. The only part of the game besides that inning I listened to on the radio is earlier when Vogelbach messed up and yelled fufufufuuuck!!!!!! as he was running down the baseline. The commentator had to say "guys get frustrated sometimes" :unsure:

As for me I have been in sell mode, selling a ton and downsizing here. The cards are next up, they only survived this long as the space requirement is lower than workout equipment, books, etc. I decided I will send them into COMC (CheckOutMyCodpiece) instead of Ebay.

Whats new with you?

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Schlongcarlo hurt again! Mandatory post!!

I warned him that pouring blue gatoraide on his baby dick would lead to long term health problems, but did he listen to Dr. Haste? noooo. :rolleyes:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I think the Rockies are playing above their heads, which they are occasionally known to do. So they'll definitely come back to earth. But if the hot streak can last long enough, with a 60 game season, who knows what could happen.

I'm doing alright. Not much in the way of Alomar pickups recently but there is a 1/1 for sale right now that I am keen to win. The imbecile seller listed it a while back, and then proceeded to shill bid the price up over my max bid. So after the auction ended $5 over my maximum, I messaged him saying that in the "unlikely" case the winning bidder doesn't pay, I'll buy it for about 50% of what I bid. No response, then the auction reappeared. Now my max bid is about 25% of my original max bid :)

In other news I moved a house to my back yard. A historic cottage from 1910 that was going to be demolished. The move happened between 10 and midnight on July 21, over a 10 block route to my house. Now starting the work on a foundation, plus restoration. I don't have a job right now, so this is now my full time job. No pay comes along with it but I think it will be a good long term investment that will pay off down the road.

A close enough score. I was wondering what would happen in the 9th if the Super Kyle Bros made it to the plate, but they fell 1 batter short. The only part of the game besides that inning I listened to on the radio is earlier when Vogelbach messed up and yelled fufufufuuuck!!!!!! as he was running down the baseline. The commentator had to say "guys get frustrated sometimes" :unsure:

As for me I have been in sell mode, selling a ton and downsizing here. The cards are next up, they only survived this long as the space requirement is lower than workout equipment, books, etc. I decided I will send them into COMC (CheckOutMyCodpiece) instead of Ebay.

Whats new with you?

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
In a season with 16 team playoffs Id say they can afford to fall back to earth a bit and still make it.

Congrats the on house!! I was going to recommend furniture and a disco ball, but your "foundation" idea also seems solid. ;) You might be a step or two ahead of me on this.

The Alomar listing is probably 25% of the last price because I was away from the shill game bay-bay!! 😙

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
You mean me and my scrabblizing? OK I guess. I got my rating almost to 800 the other day but have had a crap run since, now back to the 600's. It is funny how the luck in that online game goes in long runs. It's almost enough to make me put quotes around "luck" but I'm sure the isc.ro website is legit. It's really uncanny though. Overall I'm getting better, but still waaaay behind the real players.

And yeah, where is Stanwood?

I forgot to ask fine sir, how is the qwyjibo tournaments going?

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yeah man, games with a mix of skill/luck are real hard to improve at. 10 or so years ago I took a mini break from chess to play tournament poker and the volatility swings mess with the head. Hindsight isn't necessarily 20/20 in such games but there's a tendency to over-adjust to a small sample size of outcomes. . . . and whats the reward at the end of mastery? . . . not winning 100% of the time! :unsure:

There's also this inner bias that when you win its because of skill, and when you lose you notice the luck factor more. This would put in me an a shtty mood 90% of times I played unless I completely creamed everyone. This factor is much much worse for people who previously played a zero-sum game.

So yeah, I lost interest in poker to go back to "elegant and cultural" games such as chess, slap fighting, and .... wait what?!

:censored:

Latest posts