Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bad Seller on going experience, Beware of this Seller!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_Pharis

I've seen the stuff Tony buys... he'd have no reason to lie about this one.

Yes, he opened the package. Had it been opened prior to him receiving it (espcially having confirmation) it would have been in one of those baggies that the PO sticks them in if damaged. I think the seller got sent a better offer after the BIN was hit.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I've seen the stuff Tony buys... he'd have no reason to lie about this one.

Yes, he opened the package. Had it been opened prior to him receiving it (espcially having confirmation) it would have been in one of those baggies that the PO sticks them in if damaged. I think the seller got sent a better offer after the BIN was hit.

The seller has decent feedback but you would almost expect his feedback to be higher given the number of years he's been registered and the type if cards he has listed. On mobile but has the seller always listed big ticket items? Or did someone purchase his eBay id?

A_Pharis

Ok,

I did some looking, and this guy looks to be an "adult entertainment" provider.
The name David Koenig with that address turned up a business named "Visual Dynamics". I did a business search for that, and that business is also formerly known as "Holionet", "Holio Net, LLC" and "Holio.net".
(http://companies.findthecompany.com/l/11334632/Holio-Net-Llc-in-Woodland-Hills-CA)

I searched his name linked with that business name and found this tidbit from an adult news site:

"SANTA ANA, Calif. — Long-time adult entrepreneur David Koenig and his company Holio.net have filed suit against Interactive Television Networks Inc. over alleged breaches in their XTV network licensing and distribution deal and a promissory note, XBIZ has learned.
Koenig, who filed the suit in Orange County Superior Court, is a co-founder of XTV and parent company Interactive Television Networks, known as ITVN, which operates an Internet protocol TV network. Koenig still owns nearly 18 percent of Woodland Hills, Calif.-based ITVN and supplies content to XTV through Holio.net, according to Securities and Exchange Commission filings."

Now, that's from 2007 so he may have moved on... and his profession really doesn't mean anything in this instance (I just like to look into things as much as I have access to). That said, I'd wash my hands after handling that gum pack.

Last edited:

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Maybe I'm reaching but if the PO knows who Mr. Koenig is and deals with, it's possible old Newman at the PO was ripping open bubble mailers to get DVDs for his "stash".

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
If i remember correctly, didnt the OP open the package? That tear was not there on delivery, but caused by the OP opening his mail...

This is important information to have in the thread. Was it opened/torn upon receipt or is that the OP's opening of the package?

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
What if he was offered more after your sale? Maybe this ensures double the money now. #1 from the claim and #2 from the new buyer.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Why do I feel I've dealt with this guy too? Is there any way to cross-reference your eBay activity with another user?

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
I always pay anything on a credit card. So in cases like this, eBay can rule however they want....but I'll call the credit card company and explain the situation and ill get my money back 100% of the time. Fortunately for me, I've had to do this only twice in my entire eBay career.

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Sorry guys had to leave for a bit and i dont mind answering questions. I recieved it on a friday along with 5 other mailers and ran in and ran out. I started opening packages right when i got home in my vehicle and i open the package myself. The package was not damaged or torn or did not appear tampered with. When i first looked at it i was so stumped that i actually thought something was in the gum pack, i pulled it out and knew it was a scam of some sort but dint know what card as i had serveral still incoming along with what i already picked up. I had to go to my computer and look it up to find out who and what item it was. Once i found out i called post office immediately but they were closed. The town is small that im in and post office is closed saturday so i had to wait till monday to talk to post master. In the mean time i immediately call ebay and open a claim explaining the situation and at that point started communicating with seller over the weekend. The seller immediately came out of the gate defensive and blamed me right off the bat.

Sent from my XT555C using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I thought maybe someone helps him package stuff and perhaps they switched it out but the seller then told me that he packaged it himself and that he has a witness. His convos have been up and down first blaming me then blaming post office. I then sent him pics of the front and back of the package and after about a day came back and said it dint looked tampered with by the post office and proceeded to blame me again. Ill have to show the convos.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I always pay anything on a credit card. So in cases like this, eBay can rule however they want....but I'll call the credit card company and explain the situation and ill get my money back 100% of the time. Fortunately for me, I've had to do this only twice in my entire eBay career.

This is a great idea. I need to start doing this.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
I have a bad scenario Im currently dealing with and figured I would post here also. (Posted this in the Mt yesterday)
This is more of a warning of the seller than anything else.

I purchased this item - http://www.ebay.com/itm/231087137431?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

and here is what I received -

Front

Back

Now what was in the package instead of the Winfield

Yes that's an empty Gum Box. Needless to say I am not very pleased. I have filed a "item not as described" I have been in communications with the seller and claims he packaged it up and has a witness and refutes the claim against him and now claims im a scammer and that I took the card out myself
I have never dealt with anything like this and now have to let ebay decide whether I get my money back or not. To me there is no scenario that could justify the seller accidently packing the empty gum pack instead of the Winfield. This is a blatant scam attempt by the seller and not sure if he has done this before or will do it again. If anyone has dealt with this person before please Pm me. Thanks

I have also spoken to my local post master and apparently they don't record the live weight of the item when you have to sign for it as they put it on the scale when I went to retrieve it and figured they had the live weight. The Packaged weighed 0.7oz altogether and the seller claims it weighed 3.8oz even though the package states 3oz.
I am more than likely going to put in a police report (Last resort) and have spoken to ebay several times. I believe the seller may have sold it off line (Just my speculation) so if anyone sees it posted on another site or see it pop up on a mailday somewhere else please pm me. This piece is bound to show up at some point whether its months from now or a year. Or he could still have it and will eventually list it on another account.

He also insured it. His convos have been up and down and very very defensive (And not just cause I opened a claim towards him). At one point he started to blame the post office for tampering and that he has insurance to cover it. He now has retracted that and went back to "I scammed him". Im going assume he tried to file an insurance claim and they wanted to much info and now realizes he may not win his insurance claim (Again Im not sure just my speculation).

Also his name and address are on the front of the bubble mailer. I absolutely do not want to smear anyone's name thru the mud but to me this was 100% blatant. Even after it was an obvious scam I waited for a response before posting all this. Just wanted to know if anyone has dealt with this guy here.

I'm neither implying anything or accusing you of anything...but I do find it odd that you put his name/address out there for all to see but black yours out.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Yep, lucky I haven't had to use that ability yet myself. I clear out the PayPal account, withdrawing to my bank acct, then complete my purchases. This also has the effect of earning me miles on the card.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I black mine out for personal reasons, those on this board that know me well know my address and name. I guess plus i figure it would have no relivance for the action that took place. As for the seller why not show the guys name whos scamming.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
OP

This is one of the situations that happens on ebay, where bringing it up on here, no matter how good of a person you are, or how good your rep is, people will start to try to find holes in your story and it can turn on you. Think twice, maybe 4 times before posting messages and moving forward on here. Wait and see what ebay decides. All of us have gone through ebay problems, some are fine to bring up on the boards. This is the type to be careful with. There are things that have been said, that could make people think either one of you could be the bad guy, I don't think that's what you want. IMO, I'd post in a week, when ebay decides what to do. Also, the seller could be watching this stuff and taking note as well. Info in here, could be giving to ebay and used against you.

Best of luck, but try to work with the seller, seems odd that he would rip someone off over 550, right after selling a 1000+ computer and other big items. Check the package for any way, a postal worker could have gotten in side. My only question for the seller would be, who has a witness when they ship? I have been selling on ebay for 16+ years, I just sit by myself and do it. At best, my kid will put on some tape at the end.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Great advice, thank you. I think part of me posting it is just to see if anyone has had this happen before or if they have ever dealt with the seller and or warn people of the seller. For those that would try to turn it around me, what for? As people said why would the seller ruin his rep, well why would i? Not only that no one would have ever known had i not said anything. Im sure it will work out.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Seems fishy that seller would blame you instead of USPS. I have had something similar happen as a seller, and I just refund the buyer and move on if I lose the Ebay case.

Members online