Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Banned FOR LIFE On Blowout-I'm Here for the TumbleWeed

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I read four boards, obviously here, bo, bmb and net54.

I occasionally post on bmb and don't post on the others.

My thoughts on the others follows....

Blow out is full of drama and posters who love...LOVE... to rag on others. Lots of smart asses. That stuff bothers me.

And I don't really mind silly pics or gifs (I'm a little guilty of that here) but it's excessive there.

Bmb is a super fast glance and onto the news section. Very very slow on posts.

Net54 I'll check out maybe like two or three times a week, extremely little action on modern.

Fcb and bo I'll read several times a day, more often than not, many times a day.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Then for the love of God guys... POST

If this site is valuable to you, contribute more.

I say this out of love.
Honestly, I wish I had more to say. Usually, I come on here, read what others say, realize I don't have anything to bring to the table, and go to bed.

I will say this...I just fell in love with you all over again, cgilmo, when I read your 31st post on Blowout.

If you (or anyone) print up some FCB t-shirts with a tumbleweed logo, I'm buying, regardless of price!

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
This is home base for me Chris.

Being banned....

over there doesn't bother me.

What grinds the gears a little is how breaker boy couldn't even contact me before swinging his hammer.

OscarOne

I don't post too much, but I like to jump to all the sites that BBC noted above. This site still has the best people, with the most fluid conversations, of the bunch. This and sportscollectors are pretty much my go-to sites.

The only thing that I wish this site has was more technical talk on industry news or really in the weeds analysis of different sets through proper stories...but I get that kind of content is hard to produce, and not really cheap.

But its mostly the people. I am pretty hardcore, but I don't normally interact with collectors since I live in Hawaii (and don't meet many). The people here are generally pretty cool, and helpful. Not too much in the way of fedora tipping, which is nice.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
BO lets some of the biggest trolls turn their boards into a shithole, but suspends those who put the trolls in their place. It's laughable.

Their football boards unbearable.

Posted using Tapatalk...which probably means I'm on the crapper.

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Oahu, Hawaii
BO lets some of the biggest trolls turn their boards into a shithole, but suspends those who put the trolls in their place. It's laughable.
Yeah, that place is a cesspool. I went there a couple of years ago, stayed a week and couldn't stand it, and haven't gone back since.
It's like the BO mods want the trolls and idiots to rule the message boards because trainwreck threads increase member traffic.

FCB may have fewer members, but the mods here have integrity and realize that quality is more important than quantity.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I'm three pages into that abortion of a thread. Its amazing that death2redptions has said absolutely nothing of merit in 25000 posts.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I'm three pages into that abortion of a thread. Its amazing that death2redptions has said absolutely nothing of merit in 25000 posts.
The absolute best was when they posted the zoomed in photo of the return address.

"Look at the interference around the edges!"

We got guys that can't even open PS trying to breakdown the mysterious "interference".

All the while I'm laughing my ass off because I've actually ran PS more than once and deduced that the "interference" came from the blur (could have been a smudge tool).

Now the guy posts a legit photo of the check. :crickets:

Second favorite part: he's taking hooks and uppercuts from the Junior Varsity so I tag in and try to help the dude out.
After its all said and done, he shows symptoms of Stockholm Syndrome and praises his abusers.

BLOWout.com

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Now I know I'm home here. This is hilarious.

I like to post this whenever a good guy gets banned.

I've never been more honored.

Secondly, the use of tumbleweed in this picture is the stuff of legends.

I'm dead serious when I say the IQ over there is drastically lower. I read a thread that dealt with Dan LeBatard getting suspended for putting that billboard up in Cleveland. The overwhelming majority didn't find it funny at all and I thought it was GENIUS. LeBatard had it printed in COMIC SANS. The same print that Dan Gilbert famously (mocked relentlessly) used in "The Letter" when James first left.

They just don't get "it".

Last edited by a moderator:

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
I've never been more honored.

Secondly, the use of tumbleweed in this picture is the stuff of legends.

I'm dead serious when I say the IQ over there is drastically lower. I read a thread that dealt with Dan LeBatard getting suspended for putting that billboard up in Cleveland. The overwhelming majority didn't find it funny at all and I thought it was GENIUS. LeBatard had it printed in COMIC SANS. The same print that Dan Gilbert famously (mocked relentlessly) used in "The Letter" when James first left.

They just don't get "it".
Hahahaha I'll have to find that thread.

I think this image is shopped. I can tell by the blurred lines.
No, sorry. This is an original shot. No PS.

They are a bunch of trouble makers over there at Blowout. It seems a select few are allowed to continually harass other members with no consequences. The member WilsonValdez has been an internet troll since at least 2001 that I know of. If you do a search of his posts on Blowout you will see that over 90% of them are him/her(?) just trying to stir the pot. I actually remember this kid from the old AOL sports card chat room. For at least 4 years he made a daily habit of cyber bullying a 15-19 year old boy because his father was killed. These are the kind of people that Breakerboy and the other mods let have free reign to do what they please on the forums over there.

Last edited:

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
They are a bunch of trouble makers over there at Blowout. It seems a select few are allowed to continually harass other members with no consequences. The member WilsonValdez has been an internet troll since at least 2001 that I know of. If you do a search of his posts on Blowout you will see that over 90% of them are him/her(?) just trying to stir the pot. I actually remember this kid from the old AOL sports card chat room. For at least 4 years he made a daily habit of cyber bullying a 15-19 year old boy because his father was killed. These are the kind of people that Breakerboy and the other mods have free reign to do what they please on the forums over there.
What was his aol name??

Members online

Latest posts