Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Barry v. Kongo..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Not sure "puncher's chance" is the right term here. A punchers chance is when you have a serious underdog with one-punch power.

I would simply call this an amazing comeback and Kongo showing true heart.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I seriously thought Kongo was knocked out 3 times in that fight.

I kind of feel bad for Barry. Maby refs would have stopped that at three different occasions.

But Kongo showed great recovery ability, and he pulled out the win

Meat Head impressed me yet again. Story got beat clearly, good for Brenneman. Doomsday didn't impress at all, which I thought he would.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
He looked badly rocked but not out to me. He never really stopped moving which is why I think it was allowed to go. Either way, WOW what an ending. Reminds me of when Fujita rocked Fedor badly, but he came back and won.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Ty Hope said:
He looked badly rocked but not out to me. He never really stopped moving which is why I think it was allowed to go. Either way, WOW what an ending. Reminds me of when Fujita rocked Fedor badly, but he came back and won.

It looked to me like he was out 3 times but each time when he hit the mat it jolted him back.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
They need to have kicks and knees allowed to downed opponants.

The fact that Pat had him KOd at 2 seperate points but has to worry about throwing an "illegal" knee is BS.

Good comeback by Kongo though!

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Kongo is the wifes favorite, so she was happy to see him win. Didnt really matter though as we like Barry a lot too.

Mitrione continues to impress, and is becoming one of my fravorites to hear in interviews. Wouldnt mind seeing him join Barry and train with Deathclutch, if he hasnt already. Lots of potential there.

That has to be an awesome wrestling camp with the talent they have over there.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
kdailey4315 said:
Ty Hope said:

It looked to me like he was out 3 times but each time when he hit the mat it jolted him back.

This is how I've been explaining it to people.

Aug 29, 2008
I wouldn't be shocked to see Mitrione against Kongo in the near future. Then the winner could potentially be looking at something against a 2nd tier guy, Carwin, Mir, Big Nog coming off a loss or a Struve or Nelson if they win their next fight.

I would like to seem them give Mitrione a few more fights. Even though he's looked pretty solid he's still really green.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Sam Banks said:
kdailey4315 said:
[quote="Ty Hope":gzdog1kg]He looked badly rocked but not out to me. He never really stopped moving which is why I think it was allowed to go. Either way, WOW what an ending. Reminds me of when Fujita rocked Fedor badly, but he came back and won.

This is how I've been explaining it to people.[/quote:gzdog1kg]

It's funny watching people's reaction to this fight. Their eyes get bigger each time Kongo is knocked down then their job drops followed by a holy shat when KO's Berry.

Latest posts