Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Braun exonterated

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
From article:

"Someone familiar with the decision said the appeal went Braun's way not so much on contesting the result of the test but the testing process itself, some kind of technicality"

not exactly a complete exoneration there...

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Interesting. I thought since the beginning that something odd was going on when he had the highest levels ever tested by anyone ever in sports. Levels so high it didn't make sense.

Of course that alone isn't enough to say he's innocent, but it seemed weird from day one.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Austin said:
ebechols said:
Good news for Braun.
Good news for baseball.
MLB doesn't need a popular superstar to go down.
It's too bad Braun's reputation has been dragged through the mud.
Yeah, and if all this is true, and if it was a technicality that got him off, it will most likely change nothing in the eyes of most.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
matfanofold said:
Austin said:
ebechols said:
Good news for Braun.
Good news for baseball.
Yeah, and if all this is true, and if it was a technicality that got him off, it will most likely change nothing in the eyes of most.

I think we should use caution when you classify something a technicality. Like many have said since the start, why not wait and hear what happened before conclusions are made...

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
phillyfan0417 said:
matfanofold said:
Austin said:
ebechols said:
Good news for Braun.
Good news for baseball.

I think we should use caution when you classify something a technicality. Like many have said since the start, why not wait and hear what happened before conclusions are made...
Good point, this is why I used 'if'...

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Someone here will always find the negative in all of this, why not just say it as it is #1 Good for MLB and #2 good for the Brewers and #3 good for baseball fans and #4 good for me because I would have never gotten that love for baseball back.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
jaydub said:
From article:

"Someone familiar with the decision said the appeal went Braun's way not so much on contesting the result of the test but the testing process itself, some kind of technicality"

Which is what make the leak so damaging in the first place. This is exhibit A in what the MLBPA feared would heppen with the testing process. Someone would be in position to win an appeal or not get flagged, but news would get out and that player's rep would be ruined anyway.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
hive17 said:
jaydub said:
From article:

Which is what make the leak so damaging in the first place. This is exhibit A in what the MLBPA feared would heppen with the testing process. Someone would be in position to win an appeal or not get flagged, but news would get out and that player's rep would be ruined anyway.
So we can all agree he pissed dirty and got off because someone didn't use gloves? Nice.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
alexs64 said:
hive17 said:
jaydub said:
From article:

So we can all agree he pissed dirty and got off because someone didn't use gloves? Nice.
No. We might be able to agree that someone f-ed up the test so bad that it couldn't count.

But you're right: Dodger fans will forever be able to color anything he does with this shadow. So it really a good day for you too!

Latest posts