Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Braun exonterated

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
alexs64 said:
hive17 said:
jaydub said:
From article:

"Someone familiar with the decision said the appeal went Braun's way not so much on contesting the result of the test but the testing process itself, some kind of technicality"

not exactly a complete exoneration there...
Which is what make the leak so damaging in the first place. This is exhibit A in what the MLBPA feared would heppen with the testing process. Someone would be in position to win an appeal or not get flagged, but news would get out and that player's rep would be ruined anyway.
So we can all agree he pissed dirty and got off because someone didn't use gloves? Nice.
There's a better chance the actual testing of his sample was done improperly OR the chain of custody of his sample was compromised. In the case of the latter, that is a pretty significant reason to throw out a case.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
hive17 said:
No. We might be able to agree that someone f-ed up the test so bad that it couldn't count.

But you're right: Dodger fans will forever be able to color anything he does with this shadow. So it really a good day for you too!
One person f-ed up the test: Ryan Braun. He failed it. He won an appeal. It's a MLB conspiracy that he's on the opening day roster.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
What a bunch of malarkey. I was rooting for him. But for it to be overturned by a technicality in the testing? Ugh.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
markakis8 said:
What a bunch of malarkey. I was rooting for him. But for it to be overturned by a technicality in the testing? Ugh.
It wouldn't matter what word they used, technicality, or mistake, or tainted, all of you would be hanging on those words. Technicality could mean a million things.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
brauny said:
Someone here will always find the negative in all of this, why not just say it as it is #1 Good for MLB and #2 good for the Brewers and #3 good for baseball fans and #4 good for me because I would have never gotten that love for baseball back.

How about a Brewer fan with something negative to say: This is NOT good for MLB. And by the sounds of it, MLB is pissed. I fully believe when the Cardinals were surging, Brewers were faltering and flat, Braun figured he'd get an extra boost for the playoff run

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
brauny said:
markakis8 said:
It wouldn't matter what word they used, technicality, or mistake, or tainted, all of you would be hanging on those words. Technicality could mean a million things.
Mean a million things like.............. "If the glove don't fit, you must aquit"?

You're right.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
brauny said:
markakis8 said:
I don't agree with a lot of things you say, but this time I do. Does everyone really think that MLB is going to admit that they made a "mistake"? Technicality is the better word to throw in there to save face. Go Brewers!

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Brewer Andy said:
brauny said:
Someone here will always find the negative in all of this, why not just say it as it is #1 Good for MLB and #2 good for the Brewers and #3 good for baseball fans and #4 good for me because I would have never gotten that love for baseball back.

How about a Brewer fan with something negative to say: This is NOT good for MLB. And by the sounds of it, MLB is pissed
Please, I do not consider you a Brewer fan if you think this is bad. Its much better than him being suspended. MLB is pissed because ESPN leaked the news or whomever leaked it. It is good for MLB because it has the MVP back. Braun still will have a cloud which is unfair. Wait to hear his side of the story and the details before anything else is said. All I know is it is a good day.

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
brauny said:
Brewer Andy said:
brauny said:

How about a Brewer fan with something negative to say: This is NOT good for MLB. And by the sounds of it, MLB is pissed
Please, I do not consider you a Brewer fan if you think this is bad. Its much better than him being suspended. MLB is pissed because ESPN leaked the news or whomever leaked it. It is good for MLB because it has the MVP back. Braun still will have a cloud which is unfair. Wait to hear his side of the story and the details before anything else is said. All I know is it is a good day.
What do you think his side of the story is going to be besides "I didn't do it. It was the meds I was on."?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
brauny said:
Brewer Andy said:
brauny said:

And you are too emotionally invested in the story to see that it is. And I agree, let's wait for more to come out and be said

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
jrinne said:
gt2590 said:
jrinne said:
Suck it haters. If I was Braun I'd be sueing somebody.
Who would he sue? And for what? :?
Defamation of character. Although it can be difficult to prove in court
That case would be thrown out in a heart beat. MLB was following their policy when a player tests positive through their testing labs. They weren't just randomly accusing him of being a user with no proof or any evidence behind it.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
jrinne said:
gt2590 said:
jrinne said:
Suck it haters. If I was Braun I'd be sueing somebody.
Who would he sue? And for what? :?
Defamation of character. Although it can be difficult to prove in court
For what? He and his reps have admitted he failed the test, correct?

and who would he sue, if he could? He would have to find the source who leaked the test results, which is almost Impossible to do.

BTW, Braun has said he'll issue a statement tomorrow...

Members online

Latest posts