Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cleveland Guardians?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Love the logo. Looks like something you’d see on the side of a WW2 fighter plane

Better than the racist ass redfaced Indian they got now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I'm not sure I love the new name, but it certainly is better than indians. I will give some points for being original, some kind of "fierce" animal is an easy and obvious choice, I like that they are being a bit different.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
They should have just gone back to the Cleveland Spiders.... but I guess when a team goes 20-134 it gets banished to Outworld. 😂

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yes - that's it. There was something nagging at me when I read Guardians, and you nailed it. The last 5 letters are still the same, and I can't believe that's an accident. But what is the point of that?

So they removed the "In" and added "Guar"....will take time getting use to the name

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
In Boston it's called a cella. There is no letter R in the Boston alphabet. :D
I grew up in Maine, it's similar there, if there's an R at the end of a word it disappears. In a funny way we add Rs to the end of other words. You won't find many couches in Maine, but you might find a "sofer". Or if your experiencing a problem it's likely a "dilemmer".

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yes - that's it. There was something nagging at me when I read Guardians, and you nailed it. The last 5 letters are still the same, and I can't believe that's an accident. But what is the point of that?
If you want to go with those same letters another choice would be Decapodians, which is Dr. Zoidbergs race.

iu

Scartchy18

May 21, 2013
Still think of the Bullets as the Bullets, the Senators as the Senators, on and on. Hard to erase 40 years of thinking with a name that isn't inspired or memorable, in its own way.

Members online

Latest posts