Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Collectable.com launching new platform

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DragonWagon

May 4, 2015
On their new platform you will have the ability to purchase partial shares of an iconic piece of memorabilia or sports card starting at $20 a share.

It’s an interesting idea, but to me part of the joy of collecting is to be able to actual have the item in my possession.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
So, you don't get have the actual card ? I'd rather have a card in my possession that I actually own. Not a share or piece of a card.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Sounds dumb to me. Although, I guess it's not much different than owning stock. I assume you can buy and sell your shares to others at any point (if someone is buying) and if the item is sold, do you get a cut and you are out at that point? Who holds the item? Who decides if/when it is time to sell.

I guess if people are paying actual money for electronic baseball cards, anything is possible!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I guess I wanted to know enough to scope it out. Not for me. I COLLECT, I do not invest.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Going in on a big item with a partner worked for Gretzky and McNall so....

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
It could and probably will work just fine. However, seems you are locked in initially for 90 days and then if an item is to be sold, it comes down to a vote of the shareholders. You might be locked into holding it, then you'd have to sell your shares to get your money back. If I were more interested in stock investing, i'd probably consider trying this out, but I am not.

Members online